Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
Started looking at Wii prices in case this key works well enough and jeez man... the hell is the deal with Korea. This thing costs $350 in the USA and it's $475 here.

Right there with ya man! :D What a rip... will have to find a way to get one cheap. Yongsan maybe?

Hey guys... what functionality is still missing from a hacked WiiU over say, a hacked Wii? From what I see hacking the WiiU is talking far less time than hacking the 3DS... should I look into buying one? Are the responsible hackers still claiming they probably won't release the exploits? Should I shell out for a 32GB or will I be able to use my own HDD eventually?

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Ray,
What is current status about HBCU?
Hbcu? Never heard of it. Last I knew Maxternal and his group were working on loading Linux with 3 cores running. If you meant homebrew channel that takes a Wii U exploit. Unless somebody not affiliated with f0f releases then I highly doubt f0f will ever release. It looks like the 3ds story. Might exist but it is not public. They might release but if I had $100 I would bet against the release by f0f.

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hbcu? Never heard of it. Last I knew Maxternal and his group were working on loading Linux with 3 cores running. If you meant homebrew channel that takes a Wii U exploit. Unless somebody not affiliated with f0f releases then I highly doubt f0f will ever release. It looks like the 3ds story. Might exist but it is not public. They might release but if I had $100 I would bet against the release by f0f.
It is just great. Thank You Ray for Your hard work.

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
Not really a hacking question as much as a modding question but... What's with the radio silence on the WiiKeyU?

Like a month ago it was all abuzz about loading from usb hardmod. It didn't just die down it completely went silent. Did we find out it was canned or something? The gateway came out at the same time and we're getting a review soon, we know they're shipping, we know its limitations and generally what to expect. This... nothing.

I emailed them yesterday but I doubt I'll get a response at all.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Not really a hacking question as much as a modding question but... What's with the radio silence on the WiiKeyU?

Like a month ago it was all abuzz about loading from usb hardmod. It didn't just die down it completely went silent. Did we find out it was canned or something? The gateway came out at the same time and we're getting a review soon, we know they're shipping, we know its limitations and generally what to expect. This... nothing.

This isn't the place to discuss methods of piracy.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For questions on wiikeyu, seek djbubba2002. He beta tested it. No guarantees but he may answer specific questions. Gateway is for Wii U? Did I miss something or is this for 3ds?

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't the place to discuss methods of piracy.
He did not post anything like ROM files or .is or iOS stuff. Wiikeyu is well known on this site. If gateway is the 3ds cart then it was on the front page here, lmfao. No offense joostin. The wiikeyu is the only confirmed hacking for the Wii U. No Wii U exploit released, Maxternal working on 3 cores in vWii and who know from there. Unless I missed something then this sums it up. Oh, rumors have gamepad hacks and dolphin was rumored to use it. So obviously that means it is working on PC. Again, not public yet. This is all Wii U hacking joostin.

Reactions: hhs

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't mean to suggest Gateway was a WiiU thing, I just meant that the two different system news items came out the same time but the 3ds one is known in detail while the wiu one vanished overnight.

And well said about the comparative. It's senseless to allow discussion of 3ds hardware used solely for piracy but not the wiiu iteration. It's not like I'm asking for instructions or files.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't mean to suggest Gateway was a WiiU thing, I just meant that the two different system news items came out the same time but the 3ds one is known in detail while the wiu one vanished overnight.

And well said about the comparative. It's senseless to allow discussion of 3ds hardware used solely for piracy but not the wiiu iteration. It's not like I'm asking for instructions or files.
Nah, lol, I was the one mixed up. It made me hopeful I missed something. I know from experience djbubba2002 does not lie. If you ask him then he will tell you. wiikeyu is coming out. No date was set that I am aware of. Lol, it was all me that was mixed up. I thought gateway as a "cart" at first but then my mind went all wrong on me;-)

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

fof.gif

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was ages ago. Look up espresso blog. A way to get 3 cores to run on vWii mode. That is it. No common key, private key, exploits, how to apply exploits, etc. Idea is Linux once three cores are running. They explain it in the blog. They hint at more to be given if Linux over vWii with 3 cores is made. A lot has come to light since that tweet;-)

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yeah, I've read that. I can see it coming out only if more people get involved in it, but at the moment, it looks as if only a few people are really trying. most people are still stuck on the vWii modding. even 3dbrew has met their goal for decapping the 3ds but i feel like we're going to have a zelda URA ruling or the site was hacked to look like their goal was reached.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for Nintendo to ban consoles if they have modified vWiis? I want to use a USB Loader to play Brawl because my disc is scratched and gives me read errors, but I'm afraid of losing online functionality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases