Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by muskieratboi, Dec 9, 2012.

1. muskieratboi
    OP

muskieratboi Rydian's got some competition!

Sep 19, 2012

Welp.

*edits main post*

2. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    Yeah, I know there's all kinds of stuff we're just waiting for them to freaking RELEASE ALREADY !!!!

(I know, patience ... and I don't even HAVE a Wii U yet. )

3. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    It may not come out for months, Walmart's online site says 2/28/13 (take it with a grain of salt considering its Walmart tho) but nobody else has even posted a release date for it. I want someone to review it first before i jump to get one.

this is coming from someone who preordered the "Razer Onza TE" half a year in advance and had my friends get one when it came out. It was supposed to be the best controller ever made, and it seemed like it was , until the triggers broke from just using it. then my second one broke from the same problem, and so have my friends. I will NEVER pre-order another controller again until people start reviewing it first to see how it holds up durability wise.

4. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    true. that one looks super cheap from the pictures - which at least they finally posted. i had a controller once where the joysticks carved notches into the sides from use, and i don't even play very much.

5. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    I was one of the first to jump on the Nyko Wand+ bandwagon when they came out. they suck badly, the speaker buzzed alot since they did not know how to properly use the Bluetooth speaker stuff since not even the dolphin team has figured that out.
    and the Wand+ had trouble with homebrew and even regular games with it being jumpy and the rumble being super loud. its even worse now that i have a Wii U. NintendoLand randomly asks me to insert a MotionPlus adapter into the Wand+, which has one already.
    i guess Nintendo wants Wand+ owners to run a Wand++ (Wii MotionPlusPlus) remote. sometimes, i can play, and sometimes, i cant. I have no motionplus adapter to see what happens if I plug a motionplus into a wand+. I wish i did to see what would happen since the builtin one randomly works.

6. muskieratboi
    OP

Sep 19, 2012

It's an okay controller, but it's not as all-in-one as they say it is. The Wii and WiiU register the device as a Wiimote with a Wii Classic controller connected. It is NOT a Wii U controller Pro as well, as some may confuse it to be. Game compatibility may not be 100% either. I'm seeing some major issues with games like Metroid: Other M or Super Paper Mario, for example.

7. Screemer

Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 21, 2008
    Gambia, The
  8. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Any info about using cheats in WiiWare/VC games in Gecko OS?

9. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I got something along those lines shortly after I started using HBC and Gecko OS on my WiiU. It gave message saying system files corrupted while I was in vwii mode. I think it was also after I installed IOS236. I unplugged system, waited bit, restarted and everything seemed fine afterwards.

10. Whyat

Whyat Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2012
    United States
    Wow this was fast I expected and exploit with in 9 months at least. Very nice sir.

11. Porro88
    This message by Porro88 has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 20, 2012, Reason: one word post. ~Cyan.
    Dec 20, 2012
  12. lampjese

lampjese Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2009
    Netherlands
    Schoorl
    There is no exploit yet :), maybee it will take month`s.
    Nice they are working on it though, can`t wait to hack my wiiu.

13. DeadMan
    This message by DeadMan has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 21, 2012, Reason: Copyrighted files. ~Cyan.
    Dec 21, 2012
  14. muskieratboi
    OP

Sep 19, 2012
    I have a feeling we have that data already.

but it's useless as is, as it's encrypted.

15. uyjulian

uyjulian Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    yep.

(but if we could overclock the wii U to it's origional speed and enable access to the memory... ya.)

16. nitrate

nitrate Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2012
    United States
    Do you also have the 2.0.0 Firmware Update as well? I am currently still on 1.0.1 E. I didn't update yet cause of possible exploits...

Anyway - just imagine it would be possible to update (somehow) via USB with one of these firmware files - would 2.0.0 E be required to update from 1.0.1 E to 2.1.0 E? I ask this because i heard that the first firmware update was about 1 gig in file size and people that had defective consoles caused by download issues like canceled / buggy downloads after starting the update...

17. muskieratboi
    OP

Sep 19, 2012
    overclock what? original what? memory what?

You are speaking nonsense!

18. DeadMan

DeadMan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2012
    Serbia, Republic of
    Ekaterinburg
    no, my Wii U update only one time to 2.1.0E, it's download ~ 900Mb from the internet. Update time is ~1Hour for me

19. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Please, do not post links to Nintendo's servers files.

20. nitrate

nitrate Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2012
    United States
    This was no link to a nintendo server that DeadMan posted here...

21. LinkFan16

LinkFan16 I link them all

Mar 15, 2009
    Germany
    but he posted a link to files that are copyrighted by nintendo, and if one read the rules of this forum, they should know that this is not allowed here.

22. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    maybe I didn't write it correctly, it was a package containing files from nintendo's server.
    Not a link to the server itself.

Users who want the files can find the link to the server, or use a proxy which list them when updating their console, and download them directly from Nintendo Update Server.
    Do not re-host them.