Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't hold your breath, there's a reason nobody posts on this thread about it, because the OP hasn't been on in at least a month :P

I lurk pretty frequently. I've also been on the 3DS forums more recently than anything else.

Besides, I already made a note about the kernel hack. when/if it gets publically released, I'll update the OP. The guide is supposed to be about "What the average schmo" can do right now.

Reactions: NWPlayer123

muskieratboi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Clarified a little about Wii U updates, since we're getting close to an exploit and a new firmware just hit.

muskieratboi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated with news about the new usermode Exploit. Nothing for the plebs to worry about for now, but soon, now.. soon...

BTW, does anyone have a clearer image than wololo's of the new Hello World?

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is correct. Not only can you do that, but you can do the reverse, if you're careful. Just yesterday I successfully used Yet Another Blue Dump Mod to move VC titles from my Wii U to my Wii. I never should have done that system transfer. :glare:

javs

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, I hav a modded Wii and Im playing Skyward Sword with USB Loader. I just got a Wii U and I want to know if I can continue playing the game on vWii without loosing my progress?

Thank you.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can export your save to vWii.

1. play the game on vWii at least one time.
2. on Wii: backup the save using the official Wii data manager (Wii>data>savegame). copy to SD
3. on vWii: restore the save the same way. copy to vWii.

If the save is write protected, you can use the homebrew SavegameManagerGX instead for step2 and 3.

muskieratboi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
whats the thing with WiiU hack?

An exploit was found, (and Finally, FINALLY publically released..) And Hackers/researchers are taking their time to find more hacks, and create SDKs for homebrew.

Don't expect anything the standard user can use for a few months.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MN1: "The current one relies on a race attack which is very unreliable. I had thought I could fix it, but it now seems impossible."
You should be attempting this while switching between two NNIDs. Also a virgin U would be a whole lot easier. (one that still has no nnid set up on it yet)
But, I guess a virgin U is gonna be out of the question due to relying on web browser huh?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
@MN1: "The current one relies on a race attack which is very unreliable. I had thought I could fix it, but it now seems impossible."
You should be attempting this while switching between two NNIDs. Also a virgin U would be a whole lot easier. (one that still has no nnid set up on it yet)
But, I guess a virgin U is gonna be out of the question due to relying on web browser huh?
How does that matter? Web browser has nothing to do with NNID.

muskieratboi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey man, can it be help for hacking or cfw or etc. to wii u or 3ds (downgrade!)?
((Japanese but Google will help you... ;D))
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/oss/index.html

200_s.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q