Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

gingercake

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, I'm quite new to the softmodding scene and have been trying to softmod my Wii U's vWii mode. I have a 8GB Kingston microSDHC card and a 16GB Sandisk microSDHC card. I used a SD card adapter with both of these cards and my Wii U can read the SD cards but when I try to install HBC with hackmii after using the Return of Jodi exploit, the Wii U doesn't seem to be able to detect the cards at all and it hangs, forcing me to restart the Wii U. I probably should have expected that as most (micro) SDHC cards don't work with hackmii.

I'm considering getting the 2GB Sandisk micro SD cards to try again, but I'm wondering whether this will work as I really can't find SD cards in shops around here, other than micro sd cards with sd card adapters and I'm a bit leery of ordering online with high shipping costs. Thanks!

Attachments

• $_20.JPG
    $_20.JPG
    4.9 KB · Views: 230

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm quite new to the softmodding scene and have been trying to softmod my Wii U's vWii mode. I have a 8GB Kingston microSDHC card and a 16GB Sandisk microSDHC card. I used a SD card adapter with both of these cards and my Wii U can read the SD cards but when I try to install HBC with hackmii after using the Return of Jodi exploit, the Wii U doesn't seem to be able to detect the cards at all and it hangs, forcing me to restart the Wii U. I probably should have expected that as most (micro) SDHC cards don't work with hackmii.

I'm considering getting the 2GB Sandisk micro SD cards to try again, but I'm wondering whether this will work as I really can't find SD cards in shops around here, other than micro sd cards with sd card adapters and I'm a bit leery of ordering online with high shipping costs. Thanks!

Buy this one for $6. It worked for me.

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Fla...F8&qid=1400265044&sr=8-1&keywords=2gb+sd+card

zliq

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, everyone. I'm new to the scene and still a little confused and so I was hoping to get some help.

First, I'd need to perform an exploit, correct? Since I have the Super Smash Bros. for the Wii, I intend to go with the Smash Stack exploit. Is this the correct guide - http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Smash_Stack? Using the installer from this page http://hackmii.com/2012/12/hbc-release-for-a-new-wii-u/, v 1.2.

Then, I follow this guide - http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/ - and all the sub-guides I need contained within, correct?

I have a European, PAL Wii U.

A few questions:
  • Does hacking the Wii Mode affect anything in the regular, Wii U mode? Can I still update to the newest firmware, play my Wii U games online, etc.
  • Can I use a USB thumb drive or a fast HCSD card for Wii backups or do I need an external HDD?
Thanks for your time.

Voley

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Why is it NEVER noticed that you need a god damn nunchuk for Batman haxx.
I spent probably half a day looking for sd card and batman, but once I have everything done, the freaking batman won't move without nunchuk.
This so much pisses me off.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why is it NEVER noticed that you need a god damn nunchuk for Batman haxx.
I spent probably half a day looking for sd card and batman, but once I have everything done, the freaking batman won't move without nunchuk.
This so much pisses me off.

I guess you already own a remote, it's still good to have a nunchuck as a lot (yes, not all) of great Wii games need it - and also be glad BatHaxx still works.

klhlubek

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi people,

I want to ask you when the hack for the Wiiu is released. Will I be able to play the wiiu games from my drive?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWERS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: old men discussion