Hacking Question...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Skeet1983, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Is it still possible someday to have cheats (NOT online of course :) ) in 3DS games? I mean, is there anything keeping Datel from making a 3DS Action Replay? I was wondering because the original DS had online features like 3DS too and they made an AR for DS... Thoughts on this appreciated :)

2. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Short answer: we don't know. Long answer: we don't know yet.

It could be possible, it could be impossible. Will it happen any time soon? I doubt it.

pelago likes this.
  3. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    I remember someone had already showcased that cheats were possible on the 3DS, having played one of the LEGO games and was editing the number of studs or something on the fly.

This was a while ago, but it was probably by someone like neimod. I don't follow the scene very well so I dunno about names.

4. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    You're right, it was him. Or at least it was on his imgur. Cheats being possible and cheats being available to the genpub are two very different things. Since Neimod probably doesn't want to release his cheats in fear of piracy, it may take a long time.

Celice and SuzieJoeBob like this.
  5. potato3334

potato3334 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    California
    In japan there are people who have developed hacks for game saves for monster hunter 4, with effects such as affecting monster spawn, numbing down AI, and increasing rare item drop. so we may be nearing that hacking age