Hacking Hacking my Wii, where to start?

Robot4021

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I had a Wii a couple years ago, and I put the twilight hack on it and was able to burn games, play wiiware and virtual console games from "wads", and use ocarina codes to hack games like mario kart. I used to know exactly what I was doing, and didn't need to rely on guides that much, but now everything is confusing to me.

I have been looking up guides on youtube and through various sites on the internet. I used to go to this site called wehackwii, and they always had updates posted making everything simple, but it seems like that site is dead and I see no updates on there. Anyway back to the point, I just want an outline of a few things to get me back on track.

First of all, I don't have the Wii yet, it's still shipping. I'm guessing it will have firmware 4.3 (USA version). Through youtube, I found a technique called letterbomb to get homebrew on the Wii. The guide pretty much tells you how to get homebrew and disable game updates and all that. I don't think i'll have any problem getting homebrew on my Wii, but after I do that, it's going to be like being lost in a desert.

1. If I disable game updates, and Nintendo makes an update for a game that I play, how will I get this update without compromising my homebrew/hacks? Is there a certain site that is on top of this?

2. What is the best site to read up on Wii hack news every day. Like if a new game comes out and I want to download it, or if there is a new Firmware update and someone makes a firmware updater. Just a site that posts updates like this on its main page or anywhere else that I can check up daily.

3. Like I mentioned earlier, I used to use ocarina codes and hack games. From my understanding newer Wii's can't use backup discs, which would render the burnt game player thing I used to use to be useless. How can I still use these codes (and is it safe to do so still?) through the new game loaders

4. I want to download some older games off the shop (like the old Zeldas). Don't I need some program in the homebrew channel to install them? And where can I download the games?

And it would be great if someone can recommend a guide to use, and add some details to it to get me back into the hacking business.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Use ModMii, see the link in my signature

If you want to do some reading, start the modmii wizard, tell it you're wii has never been modded before and that it is 4.3U. After the last question instead of entering "y" to start your downloads, you can enter "g" to just generate the guide you will be following. This way you can read up on everything but avoid downloading the files until you confirm your wii is 4.3U. It has a usb-loading section where it explains how to rip games and all sorts of other good stuff. Check it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, I'm sorry for your loss. Rest in piece. 🙏