Hacking gamecube games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WiiPower, May 19, 2010.

1. WiiPower
    OP

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    As some people here might know, i'm trying to get Ocarina/wiird to work for gc retail discs. It won't be possible for backups, because backup launching and cheats want the same memory.

Anyways, i think the code handlers i have(the new one and the one from Gecko OS 1.07b) are not compatible with gc games. When booting with paused start, i don't get a connection to my pc, while i get it with the same setup on wii games. That's why i want the code handler from Gecko OS for gc edition. I can't get it myself, because i can boot Gecko OS for gc, but it says "No DVD" on all my retail discs.

If somebody who has an usb gecko, is is able to boot Gecko OS for gc and boot gc retail discs with it could dump the memory from 0x80001800-0x80003000(the code handler...), i would be grateful.

2. Bitbyte

Bitbyte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 20, 2003
    Belgium
    ._________.
  3. WiiPower
    OP

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Thanks, i haven't seen that, i must have overlooked it somehow. I will try it very soon and report back here.

4. WiiPower
    OP

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Thank you very much. I just took a screenshot from F-Zero, expect a release within the next days. But don't expect Ocarina, it will be Wiird only.

5. WiiPower
    OP

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
  6. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    At the risk of sounding like a complete n00b: what's the difference? Aren't both cheat systems?

7. WiiPower
    OP

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Both is nearly the same, but i don't even know if the code handler i have supports Ocarina, and if it does, where it expects the codes.

8. Zetta_x

Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    Interesting. Does this work on GeckodotNet?

I am at my university at the moment, is the file you released a modified Gecko OS to work with gamecube games?