Hacking Hacking gamecube games

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As some people here might know, i'm trying to get Ocarina/wiird to work for gc retail discs. It won't be possible for backups, because backup launching and cheats want the same memory.

Anyways, i think the code handlers i have(the new one and the one from Gecko OS 1.07b) are not compatible with gc games. When booting with paused start, i don't get a connection to my pc, while i get it with the same setup on wii games. That's why i want the code handler from Gecko OS for gc edition. I can't get it myself, because i can boot Gecko OS for gc, but it says "No DVD" on all my retail discs.

If somebody who has an usb gecko, is is able to boot Gecko OS for gc and boot gc retail discs with it could dump the memory from 0x80001800-0x80003000(the code handler...), i would be grateful.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks, i haven't seen that, i must have overlooked it somehow. I will try it very soon and report back here.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you very much. I just took a screenshot from F-Zero, expect a release within the next days. But don't expect Ocarina, it will be Wiird only.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Thank you very much. I just took a screenshot from F-Zero, expect a release within the next days. But don't expect Ocarina, it will be Wiird only.
At the risk of sounding like a complete n00b: what's the difference? Aren't both cheat systems?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Both is nearly the same, but i don't even know if the code handler i have supports Ocarina, and if it does, where it expects the codes.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Does this work on GeckodotNet?

I am at my university at the moment, is the file you released a modified Gecko OS to work with gamecube games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o