Hacking duped firmwares?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Coolperez8, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Coolperez8
    OP

Coolperez8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Hi, I recently downloaded a DS Phat firmware duped to NDS, I'm afraid I can't post it to GBATemp cause they don't let people post roms... But, is there a way I can hack the graphics?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I have yet to bother to play with the firmwares gone ROM but I assume it is just the firmware with the appropriate copy/entry point and header added. Short version is yes you can edit it but it will take an awful lot of effort.

The DS firmware is a complex mish mash of compressions, encodings and oddities once you get past the basic settings. There is a program to decompress it which you can read about on http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12270 (download it too if you want). It should include source code which is nice as there is no way to reassemble it afterwards that I know of but if you are truly set on it then that would be where I start to look for things.

3. Coolperez8
    OP

Coolperez8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Oh yeah, and how toI make my own themes on R4i SD-HC dual core? I found this cool Pokemon X & Y theme that I wanna make even cooler!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice