Hacking Hacking a Wii in 2018

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna buy a Wii soon.
Just wondering if every firmware can be hacked, including the latest one?
Is the method free?
If not, how expensive is it?

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just always used Letterbomb. It works with firmware 4.3. It's free and pretty quick. I'm pretty sure that 4.3 is the latest firmware.

Last edited by Justinde75,
Reactions: Pokem

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just always used Letterbomb. It works with firmware 4.3. It's free and pretty quick. I'm pretty sure that 4.3 is the latest firmware.
Does it require a hacked console to send a letter to your console or something? Or does it only require one system?

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does it require a hacked console to send a letter to your console or something? Or does it only require one system?
No, its done on a website. You just read a number in the options, it makes a file on your sd card and then you just run it on the console. Everything you need is a sd card, sd card reader and a computer. You probably have all those things already. You can find tutorials online

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, its done on a website. You just read a number in the options, it makes a file on your sd card and then you just run it on the console. Everything you need is a sd card, sd card reader and a computer. You probably have all those things already. You can find tutorials online
Thanks you. If that's all I need, then I'm set.

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pefer a Sandisk Fit (nano-sized USB stick) thats 256GB to hold all the best Wii games on in .wbfs files using NTFS and CFG Loader.
I'm using a 64gb sandisk sd card. Just wanna play some JRPGS like The Last Story, Pandora's Box, and the Fire Emblem games. I don't mind deleting games I already finished so I think 64 is good enough for me

Reactions: Jayro

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pefer a Sandisk Fit (nano-sized USB stick) thats 256GB to hold all the best Wii games on in .wbfs files using NTFS and CFG Loader.
Got the Wii. Got Letterbomb working, Homebrew, and cIOS installed.
Is there a guide of some sort on how to get cfgloader or a better alternative working?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
What exactly is that?
ModMii is arguably the #1 recommended way to mod a wii. It is a windows application that asks you some basic questions about your wii (i.e. System menu version, region) and then downloads/creates all the files u need to perform the optimal mod without requiring wifi on your wii, and it generates a custom guide for you to follow complete with pics and videos.

It can do a hell of a lot more too, like build a virtual nand for sneek/uneek/neek2o, abstinence wizard for those who want to run homebrew without losing your wii's virgin status, etc.

Last edited by XFlak,

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's arguably the #1 recommended way to mod a wii. It is a windows application that asks you some basic questions about your wii (i.e. System menu version, region) and then downloads/creates all the files u need to perform the optimal mod without requiring wifi on your wii, and it generates a custom guide for you to follow complete with pics and videos.

It can do a hell of a lot more too, like build a virtual nand for sneek/uneek/neek2o, abstinence wizard for those who want to run homebrew without losing your wii's virgin status, etc.
Can I still do anything with it?
I already modded the Wii thru letterbomb earlier

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Even if your wii is already modded, if u use ModMii as if it's the first time you are modding your wii it will overwrite any old/obsolete mods. If u prefer avoiding 2 minutes of redundant steps u can run a Syscheck on your console and load up the log using ModMii's syscheck analyzer wizard and it will have u update specifically only what's outdated

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if your wii is already modded, if u use ModMii as if it's the first time you are modding your wii it will overwrite any old/obsolete mods. If u prefer avoiding 2 minutes of redundant steps u can run a Syscheck on your console and load up the log using ModMii's syscheck analyzer wizard and it will have u update specifically only what's outdated
Thanks. I’ll try it rn

Danuzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
excuse me but how the fuck do i get games working, I HAD all the shit on my sdhc and it was fat32, but then I wanted to try Mario galaxy.
I wanted to move the ISO to my SD card but it wouldn't let me since the file was over 4gigs, so I read somewhere NTFS is also supported. So I backed up my stuff and formatted it and then moved everything back as it was before, booted the homebrew channel and nothing will show up? please I've been doing this for 3 hours now

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm sorry did you expect to guess the correct solution? Sounds like 3 hours poorly spent.

Use ModMii. If you have all the softmods already completed correctly you can run just the USB loader set up wizard, but given your post I suggest you start with the standard wizard as if u have never modded your wii before, this will ensure u have all the correct mods in place, and will also provide you with instructions on setting up a USB loader and how to format your hdd, etc. (spoiler alert, fat32 is preferred, and u can get around the 4GB limit by using wii backup manager or just dump your games using a modern USB loader and it will split it into 4GB wbfs file chunks - same solution applies if you are using an SD card instead of a HDD, and ModMii will hold your hand throughout the whole process)

Last edited by XFlak,

Danuzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yo, I got the thing working, but now it's displaying the error 001, unauthorized device detected, trying to get around that now, just had to move the game to usb lmaoo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1