Hacking Hacking 4.3U With Dead Disc Drive

Rico007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greetings all. A friend and his cousing brought me their wiis for hacking them using modmii. WHy don't they do it themselves is beyond me. I think they just wanted someone who knew half of what he was doing o-O Both are old enough for DVD Backup and I have Brawl.

So, here's the thing...

One wii is a virgin as far as I was told. 4.3U, gonna use ModMii to bring it to 4.2 and hack his wii for Disc and USB Loading. Also will get him Darkwii Red from Modmii and some other stuff from it. I just need to install it today.

The other one is the problem one...

I was told a friend of the guy hacked wii number 2. Dunno what he had in there, but he said the DVD Drive doesn't read the Retail Wii or Gamecube games. Seems like he updated to 4.3, as there doesn't seem to be any visible hacks. No Homebrew Channel, No Priiloader, apparently no Bootmii, nor any channels aside from some Virtual Console and the default channels. I tried putting in Brawl and it doesn't recognize the disc. He doesn't know why "all of a sudden" it doesn't. I told him the lens may be dead, as they slowly die with use. I highly doubt it's an IOS or software problem.

From my knowledge... It would be impossible to "re-hack" Wii Number 2, as there is nothing I can use to launch anything sans disc on 4.3U, and I just want to make sure so I can tell him. He MAY be willing to get a Disc Drive online, depending on the price, but I'm not going to open his wii.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You need to change the dvd drive if no channel or forwarder is installed. Why you don't take the drive from the first wii?

Rico007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
You need to change the dvd drive if no channel or forwarder is installed. Why you don't take the drive from the first wii?

I won't open his wii without his authorization first. And I also have no experience in working with hardware, so I'm afraid I may screw up. I also don't think I have the neccessary tools. I know I see regular cross screws on the outside, I dunno if I need the triwing. And if I need to sodder... yeah... bad idea...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rico007 said:
I won't open his wii without his authorization first. And I also have no experience in working with hardware, so I'm afraid I may screw up. I also don't think I have the neccessary tools. I know I see regular cross screws on the outside, I dunno if I need the triwing. And if I need to sodder... yeah... bad idea...
I've changed the dvd drive and it was very easy, but you will need a triwing for this.

Rico007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
Rico007 said:
I've changed the dvd drive and it was very easy, but you will need a triwing for this.

I see. I may be able to get a triwing online... maybe shoptemp?

So is the DVD Switch pretty much plug out the old one, remove, put in new one, plug in?

Hell... a guide? o-O

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rico007 said:
I see. I may be able to get a triwing online... maybe shoptemp?
It's currently out of stock in shoptemp, but it's really easy to find it.
QUOTE(Rico007 @ Jan 11 2011, 10:20 PM) So is the DVD Switch pretty much plug out the old one, remove, put in new one, plug in?
Hell... a guide? o-O
Yes, it is like this!
Here is a very easy guide:
http://www.consolezombie.com/Wii/Wii-DVD-D...eplacement.html

troy512

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its known that dual layer games may not read when single layer games will.

have you tried indiana pwns or yu-gi-vah

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup