GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually asked this question before, but it's been almost a year. Since I don't have a modded Wii, I wasn't sure about the progress of hacking with the system. Everywhere I go (in regards to this particular game), folks claim they see hackers online when playing Mario Kart Wii. In the realm of possibility? Or still something not done with the system?

Thanks

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It possible, someone did online and posted it on YouTube(they were the one hacking), but hardly anyone, since cheating would need to know some about homebrew, which most online cheaters aren't willing to do. They just wait from a AR or GS. But we know it's not coming out.
tongue.gif

I haven't seen anyone anyways.
nyanya.gif

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I've seen more than enough hackers via WFC playing Mario Kart Wii. Hence, I no longer own the game. Several people of knowledge around here referred to USB devices making it possible. Sorry, I don't know their exact names, but I'm certain some will come in and explain it.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, unfortunately cheating online in Mario Kart is possible. And it doesn't even require specific hardware, it's a software-based hack.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
Yes, unfortunately cheating online in Mario Kart is possible. And it doesn't even require specific hardware, it's a software-based hack.

Hmm...but something other than merely exploits?

Glad I asked. When I inquired a ways back (around the time MoHH2 was released) it seemed like no one had yet figured out a way to cheat online with the Wii.

So, when you say software-based, you mean something like AR?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's an application called Ocarina, now integrated into the latest Gecko OS. You put the cheat codes on SD card, load Ocarina through the homebrew channel and then launch the game from that. The game will then be loaded with the cheats.
Luckily, the specific codes to cheat online aren't very widespread yet. The 'normal' cheat codes won't work online.

Tsuchy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lost all faith now playing mario kart online... sigh fucking hackers.. after hackers.. The only way i won against hackers were against some courses that they couldnt use star power and mushroom like rainbow.. but still i hate that guy who ever posted those codes
sleep.gif
.. ... I kept getting my ass ran over by giant mushroom some stupid noob last night just ran me over n over til i bullet his ass by luck.. kept getting a stupid grude.. got shot in the butt several times by blue shell red shell and bullet
sleep.gif
ugh what happen to this game *sigh* only way to race now i guess i have to put up with it or start lookin for friends to race.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: This is how I have to do it w uremum...