Hackers...yet?

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by GeekyGuy, Oct 17, 2008.

Oct 17, 2008

Hackers...yet? by GeekyGuy at 3:01 AM (1,442 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    I've actually asked this question before, but it's been almost a year. Since I don't have a modded Wii, I wasn't sure about the progress of hacking with the system. Everywhere I go (in regards to this particular game), folks claim they see hackers online when playing Mario Kart Wii. In the realm of possibility? Or still something not done with the system?

Thanks

2. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It possible, someone did online and posted it on YouTube(they were the one hacking), but hardly anyone, since cheating would need to know some about homebrew, which most online cheaters aren't willing to do. They just wait from a AR or GS. But we know it's not coming out. [​IMG]

I haven't seen anyone anyways. [​IMG]

3. TheSpade

Member TheSpade GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've seen more than enough hackers via WFC playing Mario Kart Wii. Hence, I no longer own the game. Several people of knowledge around here referred to USB devices making it possible. Sorry, I don't know their exact names, but I'm certain some will come in and explain it.

4. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Yes, unfortunately cheating online in Mario Kart is possible. And it doesn't even require specific hardware, it's a software-based hack.

5. GeekyGuy
    OP

United States
    Hmm...but something other than merely exploits?

Glad I asked. When I inquired a ways back (around the time MoHH2 was released) it seemed like no one had yet figured out a way to cheat online with the Wii.

So, when you say software-based, you mean something like AR?

6. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    It's an application called Ocarina, now integrated into the latest Gecko OS. You put the cheat codes on SD card, load Ocarina through the homebrew channel and then launch the game from that. The game will then be loaded with the cheats.
    Luckily, the specific codes to cheat online aren't very widespread yet. The 'normal' cheat codes won't work online.

7. GeekyGuy
    OP

United States
    Cool. Thank you for the responses. It's reassuring to know that online cheating isn't too prevalent.

8. Tsuchy

Member Tsuchy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I lost all faith now playing mario kart online... sigh fucking hackers.. after hackers.. The only way i won against hackers were against some courses that they couldnt use star power and mushroom like rainbow.. but still i hate that guy who ever posted those codes [​IMG] .. ... I kept getting my ass ran over by giant mushroom some stupid noob last night just ran me over n over til i bullet his ass by luck.. kept getting a stupid grude.. got shot in the butt several times by blue shell red shell and bullet [​IMG] ugh what happen to this game *sigh* only way to race now i guess i have to put up with it or start lookin for friends to race.