Gaming hackable 2000's

AGENT209T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are they wanting it too be brand new though? they need to look at the box code and board version
here is what i gathered off another forum
hope it helps
QUOTE said:
PSP-2000/3000 Purchasing Information (Box Codes, etc.)(UPDATED 2/20/09)
PSP-2000 MODEL WITH THE TA-88v3 MOTHERBOARD IS NOT DOWNGRADABLE AT THIS TIME!
PSP-3000 MODEL IS NOT DOWNGRADABLE AT THIS TIME!

What I'm looking for is information on PSP-2000 units. If you've purchased a PSP-2000, please list the box code letter. It's almost impossible to find this information on the net, I figured it was time to start a thread about this.

Limited Edition & New Boxstyle:
Star Wars Limited Edition (TA-085)(CONFIRMED)
Simpsons Limited Edition (TA-085)(CONFIRMED)
Daxter Limited Edition Pack (TA-85v2/3.80 OFW)(CONFIRMED)
God of War Limited Edition Pack (TA-88v2/3.95 OFW)(CONFIRMED)
Madden 09 Limited Edition Pack (TA-88v2/3.95 OFW & TA-88v3/4.01 OFW)(CONFIRMED)
Piano Black with the New Box Style (TA-88v3)(UNCONFIRMED)
Piano Black (Amazon.com)(TA-88v3)(PARTIALLY CONFIRMED)

PSP-2000 Original Boxstyle Box Codes (Thanks to Alek @ Dark-AleX.org):
(No Letter) = 3.60
A = 3.71
B = UNKNOWN
C = 3.72
D = UNKNOWN
E = 3.80
F = 3.90
G = 3.95 / 4.01 (TA-88v2 / TA-88v3)
A PSP with G and the 4.01 firmware is most likely a TA-88v3 motherboard, so it is advised that you stay away from them.

PSP-2000 Motherboard Information:
TA-85 (Can use and make Pandora Battery)
TA-85v2 (Can use, but cannot make Pandora Battery)
TA-88v2 (Can use, but cannot make Pandora Battery)
TA-88v3 (Cannot use or make Pandora Battery)

PLEASE HELP! MANY PEOPLE ARE LOOKING TO MAKE PURCHASES WITH THIS INFORMATION! IF YOU FIND INFORMATION, LINK TO THE SOURCE AND POST IT!
Source

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agent, I think that list is wrong, at least about the Madden 09. Mine came with 4.01 OFW and it was hackable.

AGENT209T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xshoyz said:
Agent, I think that list is wrong, at least about the Madden 09. Mine came with 4.01 OFW and it was hackable.

right you were lucky and he did also say
QUOTE said:
A PSP with G and the 4.01 firmware is most likely a TA-88v3 motherboard, so it is advised that you stay away from them.

so its a hit n miss thing but congrats on that

QUOTE(themuddaload @ Feb 27 2009, 04:52 PM)
so daxters are good then?
i would think so just use pre-caution check the box code for G or less if Possible, mainly the boards you wanna stay away from are the TA-88v3 ones or higher right now. thats why checking before you buy matters but it should be fine

Blfdgfdghd

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.rewards1.com
XP
Country
Canada
xshoyz said:
your lucky my isnt
frown.gif

uberusmaximus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
themuddaload said:
so daxters are good then?

daxter PSPs are fully hackable. they were the first released PSPs, so they can also make pandora batteries. You have to buy them used though, since theyre long sold out. The same goes for the darth vader PSPs. definitely fully hackable, but you have to buy them used.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
That's not any more info....a PSP 2004 merely indicates a Piano Black (PB) Slim and Lite from the Euro or possibly Australian Region (the last digit of the code is 4). You need to take all the information in this topic into account.

DrkXShadowZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the very least, you can use the recently developed ChickHEN method to play homebrew (as long as you make sure to suspend and not shut down the PSP, though I'm sure ChickHEN is re-usable) even with PSP-300Xs. And in case you want to check what type of motherboard you have, just use ChickHEN, then boot up PSPident on your PSP, and compare it to the list of hackable motherboards (Google it). You can easily determine whether if your PSP can be hacked or not. There's also no risk to using ChickHEN and PSPident on your PSP just as long as you don't install CFW without making sure you read PSPident results correctly.

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
don't think they sell hackable psp's anymore. if your buying a second hand pull out the battery and look for the datecode if it is above 8B it isn't hackable

SNESGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
where do I look on the box/console to see if its hackable? There are lots of numbers on it lol!

EDIT: Looking at it, it says A on the side but im not sure if that would be it, is A hackable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E