binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone teach me how this is done? I just want the main splash screen

‘This is a little off topic for SXOS Hacking. There’s a thread linked below about boot logos where you can get more information.

There a few ways to add splash screens.

1) Hekate bootlogo.bmp (shown as Hakate boots) See Hekate docs on GitHub
2) Big splash screen (shown as Atmosphere boots) See Atmosohere docs on Github
3) Small logo injected into black background and inserted as IPS files (shown after Atmosphere boots) check out thread here

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, like kimitoboku101 said, the Internet Archived version isn't working (i think they use now-taken-down servers for generating it). Is there another working one for chip users?
Nope and the chances of it being fixed are non existent. There was only a very small window where IA was working. AFAIK the hacked license generators aren't compatible with SX chips either.

AndryJKT

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
HI, i have my switch hacked with sxos now. But all xci games gone freeze after a few minutes of playing. Did i miss on something during the process? Thanks.

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isnt there a open license hacked one? I set it up on another switch with a boot and license files. They were just written to work on any switch with the key zeroed out.

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't work with SX chips afaik. Were you using RCM to boot it?
Oh oh gotcha. Yeah never used a chip. I only use it on exploitable units. I have my main which uses the legit license generated, then my backup one which uses the fake signed one and both work fine. Interesting that its different for chips

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question, is there a point of running SX OS seeing how it won't run on newer firmware?
A lot of games will never see an update and will continue to work fine on older firmware, it's only games and updates that are developed for newer firmware that won't be compatible. A dual boot setup could have old games running off HDD w/ SX and newer titles installed on SD w/ Atmos.

Penny Morecash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this might not be the right place but I have a couple of quick questions about the sx frontend.
Don't know if anyone has looked at the bit that selects the game...
When you select a game in the frontend, what does it actually do?
Does it post the game location and fat details somewhere, or just a filename?
Is the sx loading stuff in the cartridge reading app and if so what is the name of the app that it patches or overwrites?
I know these questions might sound stupid but trust me, they aren't to me.
I'm thinking about how it was implemented and how I might go about re doing it as I would like my files to work again on 13...
Don't flame me until you know me

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this might not be the right place but I have a couple of quick questions about the sx frontend.
Don't know if anyone has looked at the bit that selects the game...
When you select a game in the frontend, what does it actually do?
Does it post the game location and fat details somewhere, or just a filename?
Is the sx loading stuff in the cartridge reading app and if so what is the name of the app that it patches or overwrites?
I know these questions might sound stupid but trust me, they aren't to me.
I'm thinking about how it was implemented and how I might go about re doing it as I would like my files to work again on 13...
Don't flame me until you know me
Its loading the .XCI file the way the Switch would normally read a game in the cartridge slot.

frisk9003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me with a bug? Whenever I launch the album the sxos screen hangs but I can still exit out of it with the home button.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me with a bug? Whenever I launch the album the sxos screen hangs but I can still exit out of it with the home button.

Running latest beta? Maybe Album has corrupt photos. Try to move the contents of the Albums (start at the year level directories) to a temporary space on your card outside the Album and see if that allows you to o-en the now blank Album.

frisk9003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running latest beta? Maybe Album has corrupt photos. Try to move the contents of the Albums (start at the year level directories) to a temporary space on your card outside the Album and see if that allows you to o-en the now blank Album.
Thanks for the tip! but the problem was something else I downloaded an XCI game from a website called NXbrew I guess that must of screwed it up!

Reactions: binkinator

medwinxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, I stopped fiddling with my switch because I still couldn't make my dual boot SXOS-AMS to run XCI on SD card or USB. I tried metalslug 100mb but when I tried Sayonara Wild Hearts, it freezes after loading switch logo.I even downgraded my SXOS from 11.0.1 to 11.0.0

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello guys, I stopped fiddling with my switch because I still couldn't make my dual boot SXOS-AMS to run XCI on SD card or USB. I tried metalslug 100mb but when I tried Sayonara Wild Hearts, it freezes after loading switch logo.I even downgraded my SXOS from 11.0.1 to 11.0.0
migrate to atmosphére, has bee so long since SXOS is really functional, do not wort the trouble.

Reactions: medwinxxx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o