Hacking Hack a Vita on 3.63 with an already hacked Vita?

Marter714

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently attempting on hacking my friend's Vita and I wanted to know if I can somehow use his Vita to hack mine that's on 3.63

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm currently attempting on hacking my friend's Vita and I wanted to know if I can somehow use his Vita to hack mine that's on 3.63
Since taiHen/Henkaku exploit is based on the web browser (or mail app), you can't for now.
Maybe possible in the future, if there is a save game exploit (like secondary exploits on the 3ds), if the exploit used by taiHen/Henkaku is not already patched on 3.63, obviously....
So better solution is to sell your vita for another one.

Last edited by RealityNinja,

Marter714

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since taiHen/Henkaku exploit is based on the web browser (or mail app), you can't for now.
Maybe possible in the future, if there is a save game exploit (like secondary exploits on the 3ds), if the exploit used by taiHen/Henkaku is not already patched on 3.63, obviously....
So better solution is to sell your vita for another one.
My friend hasn't signed into his PSN account on the Vita yet so is it possible for me to sign in, hack it, back up the memory card and transfer that over to my own memory card/ Vita?
I've been debating on just selling mine and going for a new one.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My friend hasn't signed into his PSN account on the Vita yet so is it possible for me to sign in, hack it, back up the memory card and transfer that over to my own memory card/ Vita?
I've been debating on just selling mine and going for a new one.
Henkaku/TaiHen is not saved on the memory card, you have to launch the exploit at each boot.
edit: yeah, sell your vita. Maybe you will lose your digital games saves.

edit2: ah ok, you want to err... nope, i don't understand, sorry! XD

Last edited by RealityNinja,

Reckless-0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware lives on the Vita not on the memory card... so, simply swapping a memory card will not magically make a vita on 3.63 firmware able to use exploits that only work on 3.60

I had a similar situation... now I have 2 Vitas... one of which is up for sale.

Reactions: Marter714

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
3.61 fixed the webkit exploit that Henkaku needed to trigger, and it's likely they fixed other exploits Henkaku relied on to get kernel access as well (since it wasn't just the one webkit exploit that let us do everything we could do).

There's likely never going to be a 3.61+ Vita hack, period.

As mentioned, you're better off just selling your Vita and buying another.

Reactions: Marter714

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...