Hardware HAC-001? What does that stand for?

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Traditionally Nintendo has used each console's codename for their model number; Gamecube's codename was Dolphin so its model number was DOL-001, Wii's codename was Revolution so its model number was RVL-001. But while the Switch's codename was NX, its model number is HAC-001.

Any ideas what it could stand for? My guess is "hachi" (Japanese for "eight"), as the Switch is Nintendo's 8th home gaming console (if Virtual Boy is counted).

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wii U was Project Cafe, yet the abbreviation was WUP
Nintendo 64 was Project Reality, abbreviates to NUS
Wouldn't be the first time.

Wasn't N64 Project Ultra?
You know, Ultra 64, Nintendo Ultra System?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
handheld and console :unsure:, I assume the original NX name was meant to be something like the Nintendo cross(over)

but yeah I was thinking this a few days ago, but then realised that its hit and miss that they use the public code name, it would be interesting to know what all the codenames meant, I think most of them are kinda obvious, and yeah I'm guessing the N64 was Nintendo ultra system, given we had the NES, then Super nes, early in development it was probably the Ultra nes or something XD

I wonder what WUP stands for :huh:...wii U poo^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice