runs great but not gamecube controller support
sad.gif

yaywii.gif

Update: roms 29mb no load

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
That's good news. I put some roms mslugx sshodown5sp kof95 kof94sp and snkvscsp and the only one the loader recognised was the sshodown5sp, I pressed 1 and the loader failed on the loading stage due to heavy rom. I dont know if I had the wrong roms, or compatiblity is very limited.

EDIT: I tested other roms too but it only loaded Samurai Shodown 4. Well thats something, it works, but something is not working right. Is it critical to have the SD formatted to FAT16?

blizzo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.blizzo.co.uk
XP
Country
catuligbat said:
runs great but not gamecube controller support
sad.gif

yaywii.gif

Update: roms 29mb no load
Gamecube controller support has regressed. It is on my list of things to fix (wiimote sucks for most games, except mslug
wink.gif
)

QUOTE(Dogway @ Nov 15 2010, 11:40 AM) That's good news. I put some roms mslugx sshodown5sp kof95 kof94sp and snkvscsp and the only one the loader recognised was the sshodown5sp, I pressed 1 and the loader failed on the loading stage due to heavy rom. I dont know if I had the wrong roms, or compatiblity is very limited.

EDIT: I tested other roms too but it only loaded Samurai Shodown 4. Well thats something, it works, but something is not working right. Is it critical to have the SD formatted to FAT16?
If mslugx does not show up on the list of romsets then your romset is not supported. If you compare the contents of your mslugx.zip to the romset definition in gxgeo/romrc/mslugx.rc and see if they match up.
I have not tested sshodown5sp, but I shall. mslugx will load, however the tiles are not rendered correctly - this is part of the large rom loader, which is incomplete.
I have not personally tested GxGeo with an SDHC card.

CyborGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
This should be on the front page news.
wink.gif
It's not a major update but it's nice to know there's still support.

About same specs as TC except with 4.2E firmware and a 16gb sdhc, using Shock Troopers 1 and 2. ST1 loads perfectly, plays just fine, although did experience a slight slowdown on some parts with a lot of sprites (could be intended?). ST2 however didn't load at all, says ROM is too big. It's about 27.2mb.

Hope to see more updates in the near future, thank you and good luck blizzo.

Edit: Did some more testing, tried ST1 using home system and uni-bios(2.3). Sound was fine with home system, but the text and images were completely broken. Uni-bios works perfect.

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NICE! When the controller issue is fixed I am going to grab this bad boy and give it a spin to play some of my favorite Neo games! Thank you,Thank you,Thank you!

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I had the wrong roms (all of them), I tested with others and everything runs fine, there's just a few ones that can't load like the 2 Last Blades, puzzle bobble (I tried mixing the rom with bin) and Real Bout Fatal Fury 2. The rest is large memory error...

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
You could try to play Last blade 1 without sound... replace v files for small dummys...
wink.gif
it may help (not tested with this emulator) but it works on injections
biggrin.gif

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
sr_corsario said:
You could try to play Last blade 1 without sound... replace v files for small dummys...
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
It will never be possible load big games like Last Blade 1/2 properly, it's a limit with the Wii itself?

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Its a "ram" problem ... emulator looks like to load the games on it as well... (like virtual console) and big games dont fit in it.

Last blade 1 works injected .... however without sounds/samples acording with the maximum file/game size...

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
that's true, PSP has 64Mb and Wii 24. Wouldnt it be possible to load on Nand? I really expect to play cps2 games on wii in a long term.

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
well ... im not sure... but wii has as 88Mb of ram, however it need some ram for system. and there are just ... 52mb aprox usefull

wikipedia

Ram (64Mb) + vram (24Mb)= 88Mb

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Dogway said:
that's true, PSP has 64Mb and Wii 24. Wouldnt it be possible to load on Nand? I really expect to play cps2 games on wii in a long term.
Yeah, it couldn't be possible turn some NAND space into virtual ram?

blizzo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.blizzo.co.uk
XP
Country
OriginalHamster said:
sr_corsario said:
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

It will never be possible load big games like Last Blade 1/2 properly, it's a limit with the Wii itself?

Loading large ROMs is being worked on, and I have made some progress towards a solution. There is tool called dumpgfx included with gngeo which dumps the gfx sprites out of the ROM in to a separate file. There is some support for these file, but it doesn't work and the sprites are not rendered correctly. Hopefully I will be able to release an update with support for large roms soon :-) I also wanna play mslugx and last blade ;-)
QUOTE(Dogway @ Nov 17 2010, 03:32 PM)
ROMs are loaded in to MEM2 on the Wii - which has 52MB of usable space because the Starlet has some dedicated RAM in MEM2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte