GW with arm9loaderhax?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Keylogger, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Keylogger
    OP

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    Hi,

Is there any way to boot GW when I am into arm9loaderhax & cakes SYSNAND mode?

Or is there a way to uninstall ARM9Lhax to boot into GW? I have to convert my GW save file to eshop format so I need to boot the GW mode

Azel and polarbernd like this.
  2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Spooky cute.

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    To remove A9LH, you would need to reflash your 3DS with the 9.2 NAND for your system pre-A9LH install.
    As of right now, GW is not supported. Though the GW team have hinted to make it work with A9LH some time in the near future.

Azel likes this.
  3. Mthodmn101

Mthodmn101 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    keep sysnand on 9.2 and u can llaunch gw using the launcher cia

4. Hyura

Hyura GBAtemp Fan

Mar 23, 2013
    Brazil
    Friend of mine is using Gateway with a9lh. He has a 9.2 sysNAND which he boots using L, then it triggers menuhax to load GW.3dsx.

5. Keylogger
    OP

May 3, 2006
    France
    Well how can I boot a specific homebrew at boot instead of cakes?
    I can boot CTRbootmanager and then, boot GW mode from there

6. Attilla

Attilla Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2011
    Gambia, The
    If you have arm9loaderhax with updated sysNAND you should first boot into 9.2 emuNAND by pressing L on boot. Then launch Gateway without the GW-Card, then insert GW-Card and press B while you boot sysNAND in GW mode.

Last edited by Attilla, Mar 20, 2016
  7. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Use AuReiNand. Hold L while booting to boot into sysnand using the 9.0 native_firm. GW can be launched from there. Or in firm.c change mode=1 to mode=0 and build it yourself, then it will auto-boot that way.

8. Attilla

Attilla Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2011
    Gambia, The
    This works with AuReiNand. I don't know how it works with Cakes. Sorry!

9. Keylogger
    OP

May 3, 2006
    France
    I use aureinand but holding L while booting doesn't work (black screen then the N3DS shuting down)
    I don't have emunand, only 9.0 SYSNAND
    Booting without holding anything boots but I can't start GW from normal boot

10. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Heeeerrrreee you go https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-hb-launcher-mod-cia-for-gateway.416449/
    Install this on sysnand 9.2 after holding L while having aureinand installed. (Make sure to hold L before you boot aureinand) and then run it. To get really close to a 100% boot rate, run the cia gateway without the gateway card inside your 3ds and when it boots the gateway menu, stick the card in and hit boot gateway mode

11. Keylogger
    OP

May 3, 2006
    France
    Is there something special to do (specific file required? firmawre.bin?) to be able to boot aureiNAND with L buton holding?
    Be cause it won't boot when I hold L... Do I need emunand?

Last edited by Keylogger, Mar 21, 2016
  12. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Did you ever look at the readme? (It may just be on the main page in github where you see the source tree... Named readme.MD). It has a link to a zip file with all the firmware.bins that cou would ever need. Of course you need the firmware90.bin for your model of 3ds in order to boot using it!