Hacking [GW] 9.5.0-22 BREAKS MULTI-ROM

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
But why do you care so much about the 9.5 update? 9.4 works just as fine as 9.5 does. Sky3ds users really are grasping at straws...

Let them be. They think the latest version is even necesssary for anything . But with devmenu we don't need EVEN eshop ,so there's no need anymore to access latest version unless they release a patch for playing online on a game while the latest firmware is one that GW isn't compatible with yet. But they have shown that they can fix the emunand really easily , nintendo can't do shit about emunand. At the same moment when they fix it that patch is going to get dumped and gg.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let them be. They think the latest version is even necesssary for anything . But with devmenu we don't need EVEN eshop ,so there's no need anymore to access latest version unless they release a patch for playing online on a game while the latest firmware is one that GW isn't compatible with yet. But they have shown that they can fix the emunand really easily , nintendo can't do shit about emunand. At the same moment when they fix it that patch is going to get dumped and gg.

For those who do not have devmenu or any emunand already setup up it is an issue until GW releases and update.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

It is necessary but only for them, Iguess thats just the magic of having a Sky3DS, oh and the old school button mashing :ha: But all in all im really curious how long theyre gonna withstand Nintendos updates.

For those who do not have devmenu or any emunand already setup up it is an issue until GW releases and update.

Actually you can always format emuNAND and get it to your consoles version si ts a win - win no matter how you look at it ;)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
50 cents, or 5 hairs? had to take mandarin, but I admit I ain't very good at it.

once NN3DS support appears, you'll stop hating GW..

Sky will eventually be blocked, cause it does not have a software solution..
Since it's detectable, all Ninty has to do is to find a way to block it without blocking actual carts.

As for GW, they need roundabout methods to destroy emunand's inner working,
since they can't close the exploit if they cannot force people to update.
Welp, they just did on the N3DS. Check GW's page. lol
Chances are it'll be fixed eventually, but lord knows how long that may take.

TwoBladedKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shame to hear about the emunand on n3ds... I guess I can use my old 3dsxl when a game requiring higher firm gets released... Hopefully it'll be fixed by then, though.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Shame to hear about the emunand on n3ds... I guess I can use my old 3dsxl when a game requiring higher firm gets released... Hopefully it'll be fixed by then, though.

Still not too much of a problem though right as the New3ds should still be able to run all games that are already out I think as they don't require 9.5 emunand

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country

Actually your probably right Nintendo have only got to find a way of entering something in an update so when GW users update the emunand it then destroys the whole cycle, its not that hard for Ninti to tackle really. It only takes one update even by GW themselves to test the emunand on the latest FW and that could stop it altogether, an update by GW to get emunand going again could never happen, its a thought.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

When I referred to Emunand, I should have stated the old 3DS/2DS lines.

NN3DS was released after Gateway was out in the wild,
So they could have implemented extra hardware checks or similar nonsense.

Judging by how much time they took to develop Multirom for then existing 3DS lines,
They could easily require as much time for the NN3DS..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16