Guitar Hero on Wii flow possible?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by execdec, Mar 13, 2010.

Mar 13, 2010
  1. execdec
    OP

Newcomer execdec Member

United States
    Hi all, major noob here. Do guitar hero games work with usb loader wii flow? If not, is it hard to download the correct alt to make them work? Thanks!

2. WiiThoko

Member WiiThoko GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Guitar Hero IV works for me...I dunno about the others.

3. guitarloser85

Member guitarloser85 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. execdec
    OP

Newcomer execdec Member

United States
  5. guitarloser85

United States
    Wiiflow should be no different from other loaders. It looks like to have the best compatibility, you should install hermes' cIOS 222/223 v4 with ios 38 merged with 37 for usb games such as guitar hero/rock band. Just be sure to set wiiflow to load that specific game with whatever cIOS you installed as 38+37 (either 222 or 223).

6. Riicky

Member Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    guitarloser is right. I use wiiflow myself and can confirm usb compatibility with all GH and RB games, when using hermes cios 222/223 installed as 38+37

7. PizzaPino

Member PizzaPino GBAtemp Fan

El Salvador
    also works with waninkokos ciosx rev19 (ios37)

8. execdec
    OP

Newcomer execdec Member

United States
    Thanks again for your help guitarloser. Can you point me to a step-by-step guide on how to download/install hermes cios stuff, and how to set wiiflow with that particular cios? Thanks!

9. guitarloser85

United States
    Download CIOS 222 from here: http://filetrip.net/f8367-hermes-cIOS-2222...nstaller-4.html
    Extract "cios222_rev4_installer" folder to the apps folder on your SD card.
    Assuming you have an internet connection, you have all you need. Load up the app, select IOS 249 or a patched 36 when prompted at boot. Then install IOS 38 merged with IOS 37 in either slot 222 or 223, it doesn't matter.
    In wiiflow, select the game you'd like to use IOS 222 with and then select the settings icon on the right (mine looks like gears). Go over a page or two and you'll see IOS. Rather than default, change it to either IOS 222 or 223 depending on which you installed earlier.
    Good luck dude!

10. execdec
    OP

Newcomer execdec Member

United States

Thanks guitarloser. I have extracted the file to sd card on my laptop. Your next instruction: "Assuming you have an internet connection, you have all you need. Load up the app, select IOS 249 or a patched 36 when prompted at boot. Then install IOS 38 merged with IOS 37 in either slot 222 or 223, it doesn't matter."

I have an internet connection on both laptop and wii. When you say load up the app, is that on the wiiflow? or laptop?

11. guitarloser85

United States
    It's on your wii. Open up homebrew channel on your wii menu and you should see the installer listed.