Gaming Guitar Hero III fixed version soon?

Hooya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So it's now February, and while this still fits into the "Early 2008" time scheme, I was wondering if anyone had heard or seen any information on the fixed version of Guitar Hero III for the Wii. Sales are now finally so that I could pick up a copy in my local Wal*Mart, so I'd be interested in hearing any new information on the fixed versions release.

I assume it's not out yet, otherwise I'm sure I would have heard, but I'd be willing to buy the package and let it sit unopened for a few weeks assuming that the new disk is shortly on its way out.

grog.gif

Puxel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They also havent started selling Guitars alone yet. Anyone know when that's supposed to happen?

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I gave up waiting for the guitar only and bought the whole thing. Guitar only shipments were moved from the start of February to the start of March. You could always buy the whole thing at Wal-Mart, play it with guitar for the next month, buy a guitar only and put it back in the full package and return it. The sleeve over the box just has tape on the ends and is easily replaced so it looks like it's never been opened.

Why would you buy the whole thing and not open it? No current shipments have the updated disc in them. To get the new disc you have to mail in the old disc anyway. Unless you are just wanting a guitar why would you buy it? I'm sure you have the 'backup' version and I imagine the 'backup' version of the new disc would be available quickly after it is mailed out.

Also, the Wii guitar with built in bluetooth (no controller required) will start shipping after the Chinese New Year. When they arrive in USA shops is anybody's guess. Of course those are not official guitars.

Duracelpupu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
cant really understand this standalone guitar discussion.. bought mine right after new year..
and, from finland!
tongue.gif

now just waiting for the replacement discs..
(and third guitar that i ordered (ps2)
biggrin.gif
)

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ToysRUs has the GHIII Wii bundle on sale for $69.99 this week. Hooya - go buy and then take it back to WalMart and get $20+ back.

Duracellpupu - where did you order a Wii guitar from by itself?

Hooya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got the replacement mailer today. So I went to WalMart and bought the game. Didn't see that ToysRUs has a special on them until I had already mailed out the disk from what I bought. Oh well, not a big deal really.

I went ahead and pre-ordered the Nyko frontman guitar from Amazon.

If it really takes 3-4 weeks to get the replacement disk that's about when I'll get the other guitar anyway! Nice timing. :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0