Gaming Guitar Hero III Customization

MSW0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I TAKE LITTLE TO NOT CREDIT FOR THIS. I CAN TEST IT AND QUOTE OTHER PEOPLE, BUT MY MODDING PROWESS ENDS ABOUT THERE.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.p...&highlight=

This topic was started by me on the Scorehero Forums (my alias is MrGiles there, inside joke between my friends and I). It first outlines the Trucha Signer. It then delves into editing the Wii GH3 .iso to implement custom songs and, in a matter of hours most likely, custom note charts.

wiithief said:
Guide to Custom Songs on Guitar Hero III: Wii
by: Wiithief
*I take no credit for this I only tested it and helped write a Guide.*
credit goes to:

GameZelda for DATEdit and QBgen
Unsteadycarrot for Testing It
MrGiles/MSW0 for Testing It
and everybody else at scorehero.com

: Note this is for the "MONO" Version I will tell you different at certain steps for the stereo version.

Files needed to do this
Trucha Signer http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1909
key.bin - Google
Audacity v1.3.4 http://www.audacity.com
fsbank.exe http://tinyurl.com/2kpn9o
DATEdit http://www.savefile.com/files/1414890
QBgen http://www.savefile.com/files/1417335
an MP3 file
a Note Chart in ".chart" format

1. Dump Wii version of Guitar Hero 3 to your PC.
2. open the GHIII.iso with trucha signer link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1909
3. extract the .dat and .wad of the song you wish to replace (located in the music directory)
4. open audacity (must be v.1.3.4)
5. load mp3 of the song you wish to use
*Skip steps 6-9 it YOU HAVE A STEREO WII GAME!
6. split stereo tracks (drop down menu on audio track)
7. make both tracks mono (drop down menu on each audio track)
8. select the :track button from tom menu bar
9. select :mix and render
10. change project rate to 33075 (BOTTOM LEFT CORNER of Audacity!)
11. export as .wav file from :File menu
*save it as the song you are replacing "i.e. slowride_song.wav"
12. reopen it in audacity to see if changes took.
--Now you have the "song file GHIII can use.--

**. Next are the Guitar and Rhythm Tracks "i.e. slowride_guitar.wav and the slowride_rhythm.wav"
13. load up that track you just made and erase all but the 1st second or so.
14. export as i.e., slowride_guitar.wav, and slowride_rhythm.wav.
--Now you have the Guitar and Rhythm tracks--

**Optional**
Pick about 15 sec of that songand save that one as i.e. slowride_preview.wav
11. Now you have all 4 files needed

12. Lastly put each one of those 3-4 files in there own folder and name them respectfully.

Follow below guide on how to replace FSB files
---The files you just created are compiled into an FSB file for the game.---

1. Get fsbank.exe (official tool to make FSB files). It's in the "tools" folder of the extracted files.
2. - Make 3-4 FSB files (one per each folder) with the default options,
*but only change the "Format" to IMA ADPCM. @ bottom left corner of program.*
-make sure to keep the file names exactly the same.
3. You should have 3 files in each of your 3-4 folders by now.
1. a .wav file
2. a .H file
3. a .fsb file..... If there is no .fsb after the name add it now.

Now lets compile all those files into the .wad and .dat files.
Download the following program.
DATEdit - tool to extract/play/replace the FSB files in the DAT/WAD container.
link: http://www.savefile.com/files/1414890

*Program Buttons*
Open - Just open a file. Click it, select the DAT file, then the WAD file.
Extract - Extracts the selected files as FSB.
Play - Plays the selected files
Replace - EXPERIMENTAL feature to replace the FSB files.
Save - Save the changes made by the "Replace" option.

1. Click open
2. Select the extracted .dat file "MUST BE THE SAME SONG AS ALL THE FILES YOU JUST CREATED!"
3. Select the extracted .wad file
4. Replace the 3-4 files for song, guitar, rhythm, and preview. Select and hit replace.
*you can test the file by selecting it and pressing play.*
5. Remember to press "Save" after replacing the files.
6- Put the DAT and the WAD files inside the Wii ISO again.

You now have new audio!

This is for the note chart part.

1. Go over to scorehero.com
2. Become a member of there lovely community and browse through some note charts.
3. Download the one that corresponds with your selected song.
4. Make a new folder and save it in there.
5. Download QBgen link: http://www.savefile.com/files/1417335
6. Save it in the save folder as your chart.
7. Extract the i.e. slowride.pak.ngc file that corresponds with all your other changes.
*It is in the "songs folder" under the same partition.
8. Open QBgen.exe
9. Type the exact name of your downloaded chart. With the ".chart" at the end. Press Enter
10. Enter the number code for the song you want to replace.
11. Type the .pak you extracted. "i.e. slowride.pak.ngc" press enter
12. Type 1 press enter Type 2 press enter
13. Save and Close

Add that .pak file back in to your .iso
Sign the partition and Burn!

As of right now, these things cannot be implemented:

Custom Images. Videos do work.
Setlist Edits

Known issues:
None!
===
According to the vets of Scorehero, the Wii version is soon to be the most easily modified and customizable.

MSW0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It appears its gonna be alot easier to do on the Wii, as it takes few programs to edit the files, and it's usually extremely quick to do so.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is a big problem. You need to have the song split to make it work within the game. The guitar file should only contain the guitar track, the rhythm file should only contain the rhythm guitar or bass track, and the song file should only contain the vocals/drums/keyboard/etc. I'm not saying you can't get the song playing using this method but you won't really be playing the guitar portion of the song.

wiithief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazycus said:
There is a big problem. You need to have the song split to make it work within the game. The guitar file should only contain the guitar track, the rhythm file should only contain the rhythm guitar or bass track, and the song file should only contain the vocals/drums/keyboard/etc. I'm not saying you can't get the song playing using this method but you won't really be playing the guitar portion of the song.

To do that you have to have the master track "or a great cover band to rerecord" which no one will ever have unless you buy the rights. All customs are made this way. there is no way around it and you dont really tell the diff except the guitar doesnt cut out when you miss a note.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I understand. I've just finished catching up on the scorehero thread and watched the two videos. Hopefully we can get the DLC from the other console versions and use those tracks which should(?) already be in the proper FSB3 format and separated correctly along with the note/animation/etc. files. Are the files similar for PS2 GHI. GHII, and GHRT80s?

I'll do more research. Thanks for your experimenting wiithief.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, now this is something I can get excited about! The Wii ISO modding really didn't interest me as I'm now worried about mass online cheating in games like Brawl that I will want to play legitimately. But what can you do? I'm sure I won't be doing any song creation myself, but I will be excited to download and play other people's creations. Now I just need to find a backup copy of GHIII since YAOSM can't back up my original copy for me (boo). So has anyone come up with custom audio tracks and gotten them to work?

corim123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just awaiting the all in one program and then packs of songs to downoad. It will be awesome if we can make customs on DL, something to use my extra DL's from Brawl on.

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bobitos said:
Yeah, now this is something I can get excited about! The Wii ISO modding really didn't interest me as I'm now worried about mass online cheating in games like Brawl that I will want to play legitimately. But what can you do? I'm sure I won't be doing any song creation myself, but I will be excited to download and play other people's creations. Now I just need to find a backup copy of GHIII since YAOSM can't back up my original copy for me (boo). So has anyone come up with custom audio tracks and gotten them to work?

basically you will be able to use the .mid/chart files from scorehero and add any custom song you like providing you have the chart for it, its been going on in the ps2 scene for around a year so there are like over 5000 charts to choose from!

even if the notechart is a .mid simply use leffs chart2mid2chart program to convert it and the tools themselves for the wii are so bloody simple to use!!

...its just getting the audio to work again for me thats being a bloody tit
biggrin.gif

edit: the sound issue has been resolved and there will be a new guide out soon,withief over at scorehero is typing it as we speak. meanwhile im going to look into replacing videos.

MSW0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Myself and Unsteadycarrot, and maybe Wiithief have all tested custom notecharts of songs and they have worked.

Only problem is the fact that I threw one too hard for me on there >_>

MSW0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As in, you can add in videos that you want.

Unsteadycarrot is editing his GH3 game to be GH1 and GH2 on the new engine. For this, he put the GH1/2 videos into the game replacing the GH3 videos.

Edited first post yet again. Wiithief's full guide is now up there, with credit to everyone who helped make this possible.

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im pretty sure someone would probably do something like that once the stereo version is available to download AND a songlist editor becomes available.

dont expect any of this scorehero'ers to do it though lol, we actually enjoy being members of that site and iv seen what happens if anyone releases pre-made iso's.

but yes, innevitably, it will happen

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this is the most exciting thing ever! And to think, I was thinking my Wlip + YAOSM was going to be worthless. I'm not so big in to pirating games, but custom GHIII discs is right up my alley - especially easily justified since I own GHIII legitimately. Well, I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat for some pre-made ISOs to be released, or at least songs pre-made with a tutorial!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free