Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can use GH 1/2 (and presumably GH3) guitars with Rock Band, but as far nothing's been confirmed as regards Rock Band guitars working with Guitar Hero yet. All that's been said is 'should Activision (the current publishers of Guitar Hero) request it, they can make the Rock Band guitar controller work with Guitar Hero III'. Even if the Rock Band guitars aren't supported they will probably be very easy to mod to make work.
smile.gif

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can use GH 1/2 (and presumably GH3) guitars with Rock Band, but as far nothing's been confirmed as regards Rock Band guitars working with Guitar Hero yet. All that's been said is 'should Activision (the current publishers of Guitar Hero) request it, they can make the Rock Band guitar controller work with Guitar Hero III'. Even if the Rock Band guitars aren't supported they will probably be very easy to mod to make work.
smile.gif
Well if GH controllers work on both, you may as well just get that, I suppose!

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Could do though you won't have the extra fret buttons for Solos or pedal effect switch. Besides you'll want to pick up the drums and mic for Rock Band which will all be available with the guitar as a nice pack! Also the Rock Band guitar looks a bit cooler IMO (link). But the GH III controller will have customisable faceplates.

I'll probably just grab the PS2 version of GHIII and use my original GH controller, and grab Rock Band and all the perphierals when/if it makes it to the Wii.

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...