Hacking Guitar Hero 5

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to get this to work through ciocorps? and if there is let me know...

garycoleman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Farmhousemedia said:
uljoe said:
I've got it to work through a disc loader.

Install this wad.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272838683/IOS5...-v5146.wad.html

Download and run multicios, and install IOS 37 as IOS 232.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272876067/multicios.zip

Download and run SoftChip, make sure to use IOS 232 and make sure the 002 Fix is enabled.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272875815/SoftChip.zip

Turn it up to 11 and rock out!

I can confirm that this works for DISC loading!

For Multicios, Install 37 with 37 as IOS 232. IF you get an error, try again. I got 2 errors before it worked.

Softmod WON'T read the disc unless you have IOS 232 selected, and yes enable the 002 fix.

THANKS ULJOE!

How do heck do I install IOS 37 as IOS 232?

I downloaded the Multicios and when I try to install it, the screen keeps asking me to install IOS 36 with IOS 36 rev7 dip as IOS249

Edit: Nevermind I got it to work. I had a combination of problems. I found out I had to use the d-pad to change IOS and my wireless connection wasn't on. The game works flawlessly now.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vsin said:
Is this the WAD that people talk of that needs extracting from the game? My game is working without it but a couple people mentioned it is needed for DS connectivity.
i have ds connectivity just fine without the need for any wad installation - gx ver 715, rev 14, herme cios.

and, for the record, ds roadie battle and ds mii freestyle stage manager are totally awesome.

laurenlee653

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get multi cios to work.

I have system menu 4.0, soft modded, installed rev 14, installed the required wad and everything else.

But I keep getting an error when trying to install multi cios.

I unistalled ios249, reinstalled it, and tried again IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS248 and as IOS249 but got errors with both of those as well.

All of my older games (including wii resort) load perfectly fine.

tempted to just buy the freakin' game. ha.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err, this game is pissing me off. I've been trying since like noon yesterday and still no go after using techom8's cIOS installer this morning.

I'd prefer to get this working with USB Loader GX. Here's what I have and done so far.

I have the cIOS38 Rev 14 installed and Hermes 222 223 installed in this order from another guide.

QUOTE said:
From Cookie's original post at WarezBB:

This is My Guide to Getting Guitar Hero 5 to load up useing Usb loader gx

Install this wad via wad manager
http://rapidshare.com/files/272838683/IOS5...-v5146.wad.html

its required to play!

Download Hermes IOS

http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

Im assumeing you already have Usb Loader Gx (latest Build)
and the Hombrew Channel installed

1. step load up Hommebrew Channel
2. start the cIOS 222 Installer
3. Read the warning message and push A
4. Select IOS249 to perform the install and press A
5. Select to Install Custom IOS 222
6. The Select IOS merged with IOS60 & 36
7. Let it Install and Reboot.
8. Open Up Homebrew Channel (may Restart in homebrew Channel
9. tart the cIOS 222 Installer
10. Read the warning message and push A
11. Select IOS249 to perform the install and press A
12. Select to Install Custom IOS 223
13. The Select IOS merged with IOS60 & 36
14. Install it
Now When you done installing it Open Usb Loader gx
now find Guitar Hero 5 and and Go to settings and select ios 223 and activate fix 002 and press b and then click on the disk and it should work.

Note that this is not mine, but Cookie238's guide, he/she deserves the credit.

After that I tried Technom8ts cIOS installer rebooted the wii, loaded USB Loader GX from preloader and tried IOS 222 then 223 with 002 fix turned on and Block IOS Reload is turned on as well. Every time its a black screen with the HDD flashing about every 3 seconds.

If you notice something I might have overlooked or need to try please let me know.

Pwnisherthe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i run the multiiso everything installs until the laststep and i see an error. So i checked just to make sure and IT DID NOT CREATE THE ISO IN SOFTCHIP. Any ideas?

EDIT : Looks likes it had a problem at the Adding titles part on step 15

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've tried all the hermes business and it still wont work in USB Loader GX, you aren't doing anything wrong. GX is just buggy as shit. Try uLoader or Cfg USB Loader. Using the same process ofc (cios 222/3)

xess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've tried here via GeckoOS, and it told me i need IOS56 in order to play the game, but it didn't find that IOS in the disc anyway.. I'm using a modchip, Will i be able to play GH5 if i just install the IOS56 via Wad manager? Sorry, i'm kinda noob, and damn afraid of installing those things in my Wii.. A friend of mine bricked his wii, then my fear.

PS: I didn't brickblock the ISO.

Randul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also used technom8t's solution and it worked. I'm on system menu 3.2, using cioscorp3.2 and rev14. I loaded it right up after using his fix.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
Ossot said:
...you aren't doing anything wrong. GX is just buggy as shit.
an opinion youve probably formed within the last day or so, after using it to play games for free for months, right?

Clearly I was speaking in general. I wasn't speaking about it in regards to a very specific issue discussed thoroughly in this very specific thread. I mean damn, you're right. I'm one step away from just going in to the *GX thread, no fuck that, e-mailing the devs personally and telling them I hate their big pile of garbage.

You got me bro. I'm such an ass. I just turned my back on the only loader I've ever used. Can someone be prosecuted for liable of a program? If so, I'm definitely fucked. In fact, I'll make a thread later and retract my statements. I'm sure everyone reading this thread erroneously came to the conclusion Ossot absolutely hates *GX. I mean, after all, i did say it's buggy as shit when using 222/223. And, as you so keenly realized, it's a conclusion I've only come to after needing to use 222/223 in - gasp - the last few days.

I strongly urge the rest of gbatemp to not follow my weak path. Do not turn your backs on Loader GX. Even if it is buggy in this particular case and even though the *GX devs admit it's got problems when using 222/223.. do NOT dare insinuate so in public. You waffling bastards. Anything short of saying GX is perfect in every way will not be tolerated.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ossot said:
If you've tried all the hermes business and it still wont work in USB Loader GX, you aren't doing anything wrong. GX is just buggy as shit. Try uLoader or Cfg USB Loader. Using the same process ofc (cios 222/3)

What if I get the exact same results on uLoader, CFG and USB Loader GX? uh?

We must be missing something. There is no reason it would work on one's Wii and won't on other's!

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case no clue. lol. I personally can only get it loading in uLoader. I threw all logic out the window on this a while back. I'm just saying, if you're banging your head against the wall wanting to play the same game -- new soundtrack, don't just try it in one loader over and over. Diversify.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
choptop said:
So i got the game to finally load with USB Loader and by 36/37 IOS and install as 223, but now my problem is that my NYKO Frontman guitar doesn't work for the game. Anyone else that has one of these guitars having the same problem?
same problem really sucks i hope someone can help

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
Clearly I was speaking in general. I wasn't speaking about it in regards to a very specific issue discussed thoroughly in this very specific thread. I mean damn, you're right. I'm one step away from just going in to the *GX thread, no fuck that, e-mailing the devs personally and telling them I hate their big pile of garbage.

You got me bro. I'm such an ass. I just turned my back on the only loader I've ever used. Can someone be prosecuted for liable of a program? If so, I'm definitely fucked. In fact, I'll make a thread later and retract my statements. I'm sure everyone reading this thread erroneously came to the conclusion Ossot absolutely hates *GX. I mean, after all, i did say it's buggy as shit when using 222/223. And, as you so keenly realized, it's a conclusion I've only come to after needing to use 222/223 in - gasp - the last few days.

I strongly urge the rest of gbatemp to not follow my weak path. Do not turn your backs on Loader GX. Even if it is buggy in this particular case and even though the *GX devs admit it's got problems when using 222/223.. do NOT dare insinuate so in public. You waffling bastards. Anything short of saying GX is perfect in every way will not be tolerated.
did you mean libel? sorta undermines all the proselytizing and mock indignation, dont it?

points for trying though, slim.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
running on 2 USA 4.0U wiikey wiis here
i installed the IOS56-64-v5146.wad then brickblocked the iso

runs great and all instruments working from disc channel
i will try backup loader channel tonight

Profezza i cannot get into the music store yet either

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
did you mean libel? sorta undermines all the proselytizing and mock indignation, dont it?

points for trying though, slim.

Ahhh, using the wrong homophone 4tl. You understood just fine though sport.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: