Guilty Gear Is Back

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never played a Guilty Gear before, but that graphics style looks incredible. Looks fun to play too.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO, the best Guilty Gear I've played was for the GBA. I've tried the PSP, DS, and Wii versions. For some reason I didn't like them...(Probably because I could never pull off the fucking combos I did on the GBA -_-)

I really want to like this one, and I hope it turns out to be the best one yet.

tl;dr - I wanna pull off mah GBA combos.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
BlazBlue >>>>>>> Guilty Gear.

This.

Guilty gear was a great start for those fighting games but Blazblue is just like version 2.0 and i dont think i could play guilty gear with the same level of enjoyment after playing blazblue, the drastically different characters made mastering one of the characters feel like a true acomplishment. It wasnt just a "pick any character and spam" you simply cannot do that in blazblue, you need to learn your characters strengths and weaknesses.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guilty Gear will always be my favourite fighting game. <3
Sol Badguy is like the coolest and most badass character.
Well, can't wait for the game and it looks pretty cool with those 3D effects, also, Guilty Gear is the game with the best OST's (well, Blazblue too but they're related).

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who's dick and/or clit do I have to suck to get some soul caliber on my 3DS, and I'm not talking about that cesspoll that was PSP, I'm talking some gamecube goodness.

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This.

Guilty gear was a great start for those fighting games but Blazblue is just like version 2.0 and i dont think i could play guilty gear with the same level of enjoyment after playing blazblue, the drastically different characters made mastering one of the characters feel like a true acomplishment. It wasnt just a "pick any character and spam" you simply cannot do that in blazblue, you need to learn your characters strengths and weaknesses.

Blazblue seems deeper at a super low level because the mechanics are dumbed down and the gameplay is slower so somebody who doesn't know anything can still see almost exactly what's going on. Learn how high level Guilty Gear's mechanics actually work, or go to a Guilty Gear tournament/play online (you can find GG #Reload free on PC) and tell me how well you do "picking any character" and "spamming". The amount of depth and execution is on a whole another level of everything else except for MvC2 and SSBM.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Blazblue seems deeper at a super low level because the mechanics are dumbed down and the gameplay is slower so somebody who doesn't know anything can still see almost exactly what's going on. Learn how high level Guilty Gear's mechanics actually work, or go to a Guilty Gear tournament/play online (you can find GG #Reload free on PC) and tell me how well you do "picking any character" and "spamming". The amount of depth and execution is on a whole another level of everything else except for MvC2 and SSBM.

I didn't say anything how "deep" the mechanics are and quite frankly its a fighting game, as long as its fun then I have a good time. I'm not playing the game to go to one of those tournaments and proclaim I'm the king of learning split-second timing and I'm sure 90% of people who play these games won't either. Honestly I don't wanna flame but you've totally gone all fan-boyish in your response when I was simply trying to state that I thought blazblue was the more fun game and, "dumbed down" or not, the diverse roster was totally fresh and guilty gear will never be able to do that now. Street fighter went through the same thing, proclaimed how good the mechanics were and all those super special attacks and how it was perfect..... but the online was still filled with people spamming fireballs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Wake up, it's da first of da month
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Wake up, it's da first of da month