Guilty Gear Is Back

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never played a Guilty Gear before, but that graphics style looks incredible. Looks fun to play too.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO, the best Guilty Gear I've played was for the GBA. I've tried the PSP, DS, and Wii versions. For some reason I didn't like them...(Probably because I could never pull off the fucking combos I did on the GBA -_-)

I really want to like this one, and I hope it turns out to be the best one yet.

tl;dr - I wanna pull off mah GBA combos.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
BlazBlue >>>>>>> Guilty Gear.

This.

Guilty gear was a great start for those fighting games but Blazblue is just like version 2.0 and i dont think i could play guilty gear with the same level of enjoyment after playing blazblue, the drastically different characters made mastering one of the characters feel like a true acomplishment. It wasnt just a "pick any character and spam" you simply cannot do that in blazblue, you need to learn your characters strengths and weaknesses.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guilty Gear will always be my favourite fighting game. <3
Sol Badguy is like the coolest and most badass character.
Well, can't wait for the game and it looks pretty cool with those 3D effects, also, Guilty Gear is the game with the best OST's (well, Blazblue too but they're related).

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who's dick and/or clit do I have to suck to get some soul caliber on my 3DS, and I'm not talking about that cesspoll that was PSP, I'm talking some gamecube goodness.

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This.

Guilty gear was a great start for those fighting games but Blazblue is just like version 2.0 and i dont think i could play guilty gear with the same level of enjoyment after playing blazblue, the drastically different characters made mastering one of the characters feel like a true acomplishment. It wasnt just a "pick any character and spam" you simply cannot do that in blazblue, you need to learn your characters strengths and weaknesses.

Blazblue seems deeper at a super low level because the mechanics are dumbed down and the gameplay is slower so somebody who doesn't know anything can still see almost exactly what's going on. Learn how high level Guilty Gear's mechanics actually work, or go to a Guilty Gear tournament/play online (you can find GG #Reload free on PC) and tell me how well you do "picking any character" and "spamming". The amount of depth and execution is on a whole another level of everything else except for MvC2 and SSBM.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Blazblue seems deeper at a super low level because the mechanics are dumbed down and the gameplay is slower so somebody who doesn't know anything can still see almost exactly what's going on. Learn how high level Guilty Gear's mechanics actually work, or go to a Guilty Gear tournament/play online (you can find GG #Reload free on PC) and tell me how well you do "picking any character" and "spamming". The amount of depth and execution is on a whole another level of everything else except for MvC2 and SSBM.

I didn't say anything how "deep" the mechanics are and quite frankly its a fighting game, as long as its fun then I have a good time. I'm not playing the game to go to one of those tournaments and proclaim I'm the king of learning split-second timing and I'm sure 90% of people who play these games won't either. Honestly I don't wanna flame but you've totally gone all fan-boyish in your response when I was simply trying to state that I thought blazblue was the more fun game and, "dumbed down" or not, the diverse roster was totally fresh and guilty gear will never be able to do that now. Street fighter went through the same thing, proclaimed how good the mechanics were and all those super special attacks and how it was perfect..... but the online was still filled with people spamming fireballs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey