Guild's Suggested Games: DS

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Juanmatron said:
No Soma Bringer? No Dragon Quest? No Ghost Trick? And no PHOENIX WRIGHT?!
He doesn't like adventure games.

Also Guild, you might like Rune Factory 3, since it's not as slow as the others and actually places emphasis on the fighting aspects of the game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Juanmatron said:

I forgot Soma Bringer, but it's added now.

Dragon Quest is boring, honestly. The remakes are terribly dated and DQIX just felt really boring. Narrative wasn't compelling enough and the gameplay wasn't compelling enough to keep me interested.

Never bothered with Ghost Trick. It looked to be in the same vein as Phoenix Wright (more on that later).

I think Phoenix Wright is awful. I won't list my reasons because I'd just face a whole lot of bawwwing but I don't like it at all. I'm no fan of adventure games either but I at least gave Phoenix Wright a shot and just went "this is dumb" and stopped playing.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have to admit Guild, Ghost Trick is worth giving a try. It's not the same as Phoenix Wright, cause it's actually a bit puzzling since you have to use your head to figure out what move would trigger what in a matter of time.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Juanmatron said:
Never bothered with Ghost Trick. It looked to be in the same vein as Phoenix Wright (more on that later).
It's not the same at all, Ghost Trick is a Rube Goldberg based game with various subtle references to PW. You should at least try it. The only similarity they really share is the unique characters (or rather, the uniqueness of the characters, not the characters themselves), which IMO, really add to the experience. Well that, and they're created by the same person.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
I do have to admit Guild, Ghost Trick is worth giving a try. It's not the same as Phoenix Wright, cause it's actually a bit puzzling since you have to use your head to figure out what move would trigger what in a matter of time.

Hm, I was always under the misconception that it was a standard adventure game like Phoenix Wright. I can just mash my way through the dialogue I guess.

Odds are I won't get around to it for a while though, the PSP is taking up a lot of my time.

D

Deleted_171835

Guild McCommunist said:
Hm, I was always under the misconception that it was a standard adventure game like Phoenix Wright. I can just mash my way through the dialogue I guess.

Odds are I won't get around to it for a while though, the PSP is taking up a lot of my time.
Don't skip the dialogue. The story is one of the things that make the game great.

Great list, anyways. I'll be playing some of the games mentioned.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Don't skip the dialogue. The story is one of the things that make the game great.

Great list, anyways. I'll be playing some of the games mentioned.

Hahaha, I have to agree. If you don't follow the story, you'll wonder wtf just happened.
But trust me when I say, you won't be as disappointed as you think.
I don't know if you love or hate games where you have to figure out a solution before the time ends, but that's the type of game Ghost Trick is.
I've lost days of sleep on it and I'm not the only one (Zarcon).

D

Deleted_171835

Guild McCommunist said:
Call of Duty 4/World at War/Modern Warfare Mobilized/Black Ops: Decent FPS franchise on the DS. Fun multiplayer but your hand cramps like a bitch really easily. If you're able to handle though, it can be moderately enjoyable. [FPS]
Call of Duty: Black Ops is one of the shittiest games released for the DS. It looks and plays like a game released in the 90's. I suggest you take that version of the list.

The other Call of Duty games are okay, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-