Hacking Guide to making r200 Devolution working on WiiU?

TheNintendoEnthusiast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's the same as the Wii Guide, the thing is, I don't know if the WiiU can even read the discs, it would be interesting to see how Devolution picks it up

soulrazor

Trophies
XP
Country
re-check your games on your wii, have the wiimote that you use on WIIU sync with the wii .install devo on wiiu use hdd with the verified games on your wiiU using one of the wii motes synced during the verification process.
If you read the readme you get an idea of the procedure, that is far better then my simple explanation.

TheNintendoEnthusiast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
re-check your games on your wii, have the wiimote that you use on WIIU sync with the wii .install devo on wiiu use hdd with the verified games on your wiiU using one of the wii motes synced during the verification process.
If you read the readme you get an idea of the procedure, that is far better then my simple explanation.
You got some games working for the GC on the WiiU?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'll write one later, as I've tested pretty much everything I needed to test. It won't be about the wiiu, although the steps to be performed on a wiiu or a family wii should be pretty much identical.

RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's your guide.
You need a Wii.

Step 1: Remove any discs from the Wii.
Step 2: Launch the Devolution loader app from HBC.
Step 3: Press Y or X to mount a USB drive or SD card, depending on what you’re using to
store your games (if using a Wiimote press 1 or 2; if using a Classic Controller press x
or a).
Step 4: Use the DPAD to scroll up or down through the .iso files in your /games directory
until you’ve decided which one to play. Press A (b on a classic controller) to launch it
and the screen should go blank; a short time later the blue slot led should repeatedly
flash twice followed by staying off for a few seconds.
Step 5 (OPTIONAL): If you plan on playing the game on other Wii or WiiU consoles, you will
need to connect one or more wiimotes to the wii now. If the wiimotes are not currently
paired with this Wii just press the red sync button on both the wii and the wiimote and
wait for it to connect. Once connected it should have one light flashing on and off
repeatedly.
Step 6: Insert the original Gamecube disc for the game you are loading. The wii should
read it for a few seconds then the slot led should flash five times.
Step 7: After a short wait the game should start. If instead Devolution exits back to
HBC, check to make sure the .iso file is a clean, identical copy of the disc’s data.

Oshtoby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one seems to have tested this on the Wii U :unsure: I didn't see anyone confirming or denying that it works.

I can confirm it does work on the WiiU, but the antiPiracy method is so dumb, why bother? I have to have the Wiimote I used to authenticate connected to play any specific game. I would not mind this if it was a one time thing. The authentication is not a one time thing. It's an every time thing. It's dumb as hell. I thought it was one time thing, so I used multiple different wiimotes, some games I used one wiimote, and some games I used another to authenticate. Well, now I have to have the right Wiimote connected to play the right game, so it's a damn guessing game.

Also, the friggin' thing freezes half the time after playing for, like, ten minutes. And sometimes, my contoller's inputs just won't be recognized for a couple seconds and then it'll come back. I'm sorry for being so angry about it, but I had huge hopes for this, and was really excited to be able to play the games with the WiiU Pro controller, but no. The guy who coded it has to be a sperglord, and be obsessive about antiPiracy. All the other detriments could be looked over if the AntiPiracy methods weren't there, or even if I didn't have to authenticate with my Wiimote EVERY TIME.

AntiPiracy for games that are no longer in print doesn't help anyone. At all.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
It IS a one time thing - your mistake was using different wiimotes - ALWAYS use the same wiimote because the authentification is connected to the wiimote you use - as stated in the readme, mind you...

TheNintendoEnthusiast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm it does work on the WiiU, but the antiPiracy method is so dumb, why bother? I have to have the Wiimote I used to authenticate connected to play any specific game. I would not mind this if it was a one time thing. The authentication is not a one time thing. It's an every time thing. It's dumb as hell. I thought it was one time thing, so I used multiple different wiimotes, some games I used one wiimote, and some games I used another to authenticate. Well, now I have to have the right Wiimote connected to play the right game, so it's a damn guessing game.

Also, the friggin' thing freezes half the time after playing for, like, ten minutes. And sometimes, my contoller's inputs just won't be recognized for a couple seconds and then it'll come back. I'm sorry for being so angry about it, but I had huge hopes for this, and was really excited to be able to play the games with the WiiU Pro controller, but no. The guy who coded it has to be a sperglord, and be obsessive about antiPiracy. All the other detriments could be looked over if the AntiPiracy methods weren't there, or even if I didn't have to authenticate with my Wiimote EVERY TIME.

I thought it was a one time authentication thing as well :O and the fact you have to do that you need a specific wii remote is a little annoying, it's GC backups for WiiU though, I will probably wait for Nintendont for crediar to release his version, no AP ;)

Oshtoby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was a one time authentication thing as well :O and the fact you have to do that you need a specific wii remote is a little annoying, it's GC backups for WiiU though, I will probably wait for Nintendont for crediar to release his version, no AP ;)

I want to emphasize, I don't mind AntiPiracy. I don't. I think it's dumb, but I don't mind it. What I do mind is being chained to a Wiimote (which could get lost, stolen, misplaced, broken, batteries drained with no spare batteries, what have you) every time I want to play the game, because someone has their morals in the wrong place.

Would you find playing NES ROMs on your computer as horrid, and needing of AntiPiracy? No. NES is a dead system. As is the Gamecube.

Reactions: bezem

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the authentication of 100 games, now if I could extract the data from my Wii remote and install it in all of my wii remotes then I wont have to worry about which wii remote to grab. It sure suck to have to authenticate 100 games with all of my wii remotes. Where's that Wii remote data backup tool. Oh nvm, a tool like that could be used for evil.

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I want to emphasize, I don't mind AntiPiracy. I don't. I think it's dumb, but I don't mind it. What I do mind is being chained to a Wiimote (which could get lost, stolen, misplaced, broken, batteries drained with no spare batteries, what have you) every time I want to play the game, because someone has their morals in the wrong place.

Would you find playing NES ROMs on your computer as horrid, and needing of AntiPiracy? No. NES is a dead system. As is the Gamecube.
I did the authentication of 100 games, now if I could extract the data from my Wii remote and install it in all of my wii remotes then I wont have to worry about which wii remote to grab. It sure suck to have to authenticate 100 games with all of my wii remotes. Where's that Wii remote data backup tool. Oh nvm, a tool like that could be used for evil.
It said on the README, WiimoteS. You can verify a game with more than 1 WiiMote, that his what I did to make sure that all my wiimotes will work with it

Dimensio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I correct in assuming that Devolution cannot (at present) be used with USB Loader GX on the Wii U? I can run it fine standalone, but when I try launching the same game through USB Loader GX my Wii Remote can no longer talk to the console and the console's disc drive continually makes noise as if waiting to verify a disc that I obviously cannot insert.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.