[Guide] SX OS Games Library Custom Sorter

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by KsAmJ, Jul 21, 2018.

1. KsAmJ
    OP

KsAmJ GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    Adding backups on the SX OS and choosing from album is not well sorted
    if you want to sort the games inside the album you need a tool called "SD-Sorter" from attached files or Get it Here which will allow you to sort the files in SD Card by "Name, Date Modified or Size"

sdCard.png

• Just select the drive from top and choose which sorting you want to perform.
    • after that Click "Sort SD Card" button (uncheck process sub-folders for faster/error-free process).

If you need to Custom sort the the Games List. i have created a tool to custom sort the games called "SX OS Games Sorter" from attached files "ONLY WINDOWS FOR NOW" or Download From Here (.Net framework required)

SXOS.Games.Sorter2.png

• Just choose the SD Drive from top and Click "Get". It will list all the "XCI" files inside the SD cards
    • After that choose the game you want and start sorting the list of games using the "-UP-" and "-DOWN-" buttons respectively
    • When you finish Click save and Exit the Application

You will still need to use SD-Sorter though (As it is File Table Allocation associated process) Just Open SD-Sorter and choose By Modified Date and Click The "Sort SD Card" button and exit the application

Safe Remove the Card and Insert it back to your switch and load SX OS

Open the Album and you should see the sorted List as you have done it custom by the (Don't forget to drop a like to the post :yayswitch:)

2018072114492700-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited Jul 21, 2018
  2. Dan-the-Rebirth

Dan-the-Rebirth GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    Any risk of fragmentation?

3. KsAmJ
    OP

KsAmJ GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    well i am not sure about that but i read that SD cards are solid state, not mechanical, so the latency involved in moving a physical read/write head over a different part of the hard drive's platter doesn't exist here.

4. Dan-the-Rebirth

Dan-the-Rebirth GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    Well I think to remember that defragmentation was a issue with gateway and.3ds files

5. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    In that case it shouldn't as it's not moving files around, just the index telling where the files are. Basically, like sorting a card catalog in a library, and not touching the books.

6. Type_O_Dev

Type_O_Dev GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 12, 2017
    United States
    Is this just changing timestamp?

7. KsAmJ
    OP

KsAmJ GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    well the custom sorter yes. but the SD Sorter is changing the File Allocation Table as it is not just the time make the Album sort changes

8. Yabbie

Yabbie Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2011
    Gold Coast
    Thanks

9. Cortexfou

Cortexfou GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    Is it possible to do with a HDD ? (I use SX OS 2.2)

10. WiiuGold

WiiuGold GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2015
    United States
    Keep up the great work. Hope u make it for HDD :)

11. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I’m no sure if your aware of this but download Fat Sorter https://sourceforge.net/projects/fatsort/ untick sub folder first because it corrupts your games click on your HDD in the folder to sort box. Then rename your titles amario, bzelda, cmariokart and so on..in the order you want them on your HDD and then click on Sort, it will sort the titles in the order you want on your HDD and display them correctly in sxos.

Last edited by Reecey, Oct 30, 2018
  12. Cortexfou

Cortexfou GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    isn't it for linux only ?