Hacking [GUIDE] How to compile IOSUHAX

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pastebin needs to include more files. I'm tired of going on a wild goose chase to try to figure out everything this needs to build. Some things that are missing include pycrypto (which I can't get to build and install properly because it too is missing something) along with several missing VCRedist files that you can't seem to get from installing VCRedist (that installs stuff like msvc140.dll, while armips.exe requires msvc140d.dll, which I can't seem to figure out where any of those files come from without having to use unsafe third-party driver download sites.
Along with that the video posted for setting up Windows is not the correct video, and does not cover how to set up anything other than a self-host server for Wii U and how to use the make command, but no instructions on how to actually set it up to get make commands working.

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Pastebin needs to include more files. I'm tired of going on a wild goose chase to try to figure out everything this needs to build. Some things that are missing include pycrypto (which I can't get to build and install properly because it too is missing something) along with several missing VCRedist files that you can't seem to get from installing VCRedist (that installs stuff like msvc140.dll, while armips.exe requires msvc140d.dll, which I can't seem to figure out where any of those files come from without having to use unsafe third-party driver download sites.
Along with that the video posted for setting up Windows is not the correct video, and does not cover how to set up anything other than a self-host server for Wii U and how to use the make command, but no instructions on how to actually set it up to get make commands working.
You know that this isn't IOSU but only tools, right?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know that this isn't IOSU but only tools, right?
Yeah I know. I just like to be explorative with these kinds of things. I mean best case I get files I can't use, worst case SALT team will probably already have similar or better tools when they release IOSU exploit anyway.
I've just been annoyed when people say "why not just build the latest commit yourself" when half the time setting it up isn't really that easy. This is probably the 5th thing this week I've tried to get build a project and all of them give me some sort of issue.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
OP
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what runtimes this requires. I use something called all-in-one runtimes for my shit. I don't know how many it installs. Make sure you have all of the things devkitpro requires, and I think the Github for iosuhax has a dependency listed in it. :P, just experiment.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what can IOSUHAX can do?
Basically all it does is give us tools to work with once we have an IOSU expoit. Most notably (at least as far as I understand) this gives us a special firmware we could install that patches out signature checks. Which I honestly believe the SALT team will release either a modified version of smealum's (IOSUHAX) or will release their own.

Stalls

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
261156e92f3f4c4bb4d460183af7fabd.png

help?

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pastebin contains spaces in front of those lines instead of tabs. There should be 2 tabs in front of each line
I got it to work after editing in python gui instead

now

despite getting after running just 'make' and getting numerous 'python command not found errors' regardless that I have the python system wide environment variable and it works from any folder for some reason running that make file says invalid command I could not fix that. so I ran whatever it wanted manually and I get
File "anpack.py", line 212, in <module>
extract_sections[int(param[0], 0)] = param[1]
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 0: ''

which I am not sure how to fix

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work after editing in python gui instead

now

despite getting after running just 'make' and getting numerous 'python command not found errors' regardless that I have the python system wide environment variable and it works from any folder for some reason running that make file says invalid command I could not fix that. so I ran whatever it wanted manually and I get
File "anpack.py", line 212, in <module>
extract_sections[int(param[0], 0)] = param[1]
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 0: ''

which I am not sure how to fix
Did you changed the "python2" in the makefile to just python? It occurs twice

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you changed the "python2" in the makefile to just python? It occurs twice
yeah, I changed it twice. It gets tripped up at the first. the 'python' command should work. Now I think I got past that int problem I had but pycrypto still isnt working, and Im sure it's installed.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I changed it twice. It gets tripped up at the first. the 'python' command should work. Now I think I got past that int problem I had but pycrypto still isnt working, and Im sure it's installed.
I used this: http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/pycrypto-2.6.1/pycrypto-2.6.1.win-amd64-py2.7.exe
makes sure you install with admin privilege

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is the armips I used: http://www91.zippyshare.com/v/ePGpjk9r/file.html

Last edited by Kohmei,

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried just using pip to install pycrypto? Should just be something like
"pip install pycrypto"
yeah, i did it all. i think i moved the crypto stuff to amodule folder that was recognized. i still cant run python commands when theyre in the makefile. but when i run the anpack now, i get a int variable error

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, i did it all. i think i moved the crypto stuff to amodule folder that was recognized. i still cant run python commands when theyre in the makefile. but when i run the anpack now, i get a int variable error
If you are referring to the error you posted earlier in this thread then here are my thoughts without knowing anything about anpack.py or reading it. It is indexing extract_sectons with a base 0 number. I'm not even 100% sure what a base 0 number is but Im pretty sure you need a base 10 number to index with. I could be completely and utterly wrong but I think it should be extract_sections[int(param[0],10)]=param[1]

EDIT: I just read about base 0 numbers and they are a thing so my answer is probably wrong. I would insert a print statement to see what param[0] is. If it contains any digits higher than 7 it cannot be a base 0 number.

Last edited by dojafoja,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head