[GUIDE] GBA_Injector by adj4096

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by EstPC13, May 15, 2016.

1. EstPC13
    OP

EstPC13 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2016
    In your mind
    @adj4096 Created this amazing tool to inject gba games, but many people don't knsize.ow to use it, so I wrote this little guide:

It's difficult if you don't know python (which I didn't, it took 3 F*CKING DAYS to figure it out):
    1.Make sure Python 2.7 is installed (Or 3, might work, but i used 2.7 EDIT:3 works)
    2.Download the tool:https://gbatemp.net/threads/gba-injection.405340/
    3.Shift+right click when you're in the folder you extracted (the inject_gba-master folder with setup.py in it)
    4.Choose "Open Command Window here"
    5. In the Window, type: setup.py install (you CAN use it without installing but it doesn't work very well)
    6.It should install if you have all the files required
    7.Then go inside the inject_gba folder
    8.Make a txt file with the following:"C:\Users\username\your\path\to\the\inject_gba.py" --inpsb "C:\Users\username\your\path\to\alldata.psb.m"--inrom "C:\Users\username\your\path\to\your\your gba rom name.gba" --outpsb "C:\Users\username\Downloads\alldata.psb.m (make sure you write that exact filename)"
    9.Rename it to inject.bat (or whatever, just end it with bat, iwrotethiscrappytutorialwithacrappyexamplefile.bat)
    10.It will create an alldata.psb.m and alldata.bin.
    11.Copy those files to your rom's content folder.
    12.Profit (or write a guide, whatever suits you)

THERE ARE SOME LIMITATIONS:
    -You cant inject large roms (32 mb, but not larger) EDIT:Compatibility right now is mostly determined by savegame compatibility, not ROM size
    -For some reason, rom hacks don't work (even ones that don't expand the rom)

Thanks @adj4096

Last edited by EstPC13, May 16, 2016
    nooby89, VinsCool, kretosdan and 4 others like this.

2. kretosdan

kretosdan Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2016
    Did all you wrote step by step still nothing, i'm sure it's my fault though cause things still not very clear regards GBA injection, still very important to know how since i have fun playing my old GBA games on gamepad more than wii u game !
    so, would you please make idiots proof guide , like "alldata.psb.m" are we suppose to have one already and replace it with new one ? etc ..
    a guid with some explaining "break down" things pleas , thank you in advance

Subtle Demise likes this.
  3. MRJPGames

MRJPGames Pretty great guy

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Tries this and still isn't working. Does generate the files but the files are broken including for games that are reported working on the wiki. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG SENPAI?!

4. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    When it comes to creating the batch file, if you have it in the same directory as all your other stuff, you can use the %cdir% variable instead of writing out the whole path. For example, "%cdir%\output" could be a subfolder in the working directory. Cuts down on human error and makes the batch file easier to share, without having to recreate someone else's folder structure.
    Also, with batch files if you have all your stuff in the same folder, you don't even need to write out the file path.

Last edited by Subtle Demise, May 15, 2016
  5. Irastris

Irastris Just another fag with a suggestive avatar

May 3, 2015
    United States
    If anyone is interested, you can use my personal batch file that I know works fine. Tested on 10 GBA games so far.

I have not included the alldata.bin that I personally use for legal reasons, but I will say that it is 48.0MB (50,434,048 bytes).

Attached Files:

6. fiveighteen

fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    I just put a half-working guide into the Definitive Guide yesterday :P Unfortunately couldn't complete it because something isn't working right.

But uhh...
    I just reinstalled Python 3.4.4 and pyYAML and I'm hoping I can get past a bunch of these errors.

EDIT: Errors cleared, time to test and continue the guide.

Last edited by fiveighteen, May 15, 2016
    zeldaism and the_randomizer like this.
  7. kretosdan

kretosdan Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2016
    Thanks for your effort, still have no idea how to get (alldata.bin), any link or maybe just a hint will be appreciated , thanks !

Last edited by kretosdan, May 15, 2016
  8. fiveighteen

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    It's in your SD:\wiiu\games\Game Name [ID6]\content\ folder.

But Irastris' zip is based on an old version of the injector. I guess if it works for you, it works for you.

kretosdan likes this.
  9. kretosdan

kretosdan Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2016
    Thank you very much , i'll give it a try hopefully it works :)

10. TheLittlestBowl

TheLittlestBowl GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2013
    Canada
    This is just giving me the exact same alldata.bin i'm using as a base.

Last edited by TheLittlestBowl, May 15, 2016
    CeeDee likes this.
  11. W hat

W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

Feb 28, 2007
    United States
  12. kretosdan

kretosdan Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2016
    FINALLY this guid worked for me, i just added "echo" command at the end of my .bat file so i can keep the screen on and see whats going wrong, turn out that "for some reason i don't know " i don't have permission to write output file on C: i just changed the path and everything went great!! @EstPC13 @Irastris @fiveighteen thank you guys :)

13. fiveighteen

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but.. I added this to the Definitive Guide.

GBA:
    ·
    GB Injection into GBA:
    ·

@kretosdan, this is using ajd4096's most up-to-date version for the highest compatibility. Might want to upgrade. :)

EDIT: Oops, added the part about "python setup.py install" ... kind of important!

Last edited by fiveighteen, May 15, 2016
  14. kretosdan

kretosdan Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2016
    @fiveighteen that was awesome, i say maybe if you want to put it in a new thread so more people can get benefit from it, cheers :)

15. EstPC13
    OP

EstPC13 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2016
    In your mind
    You're supposed to have one already, and you should replace it with the one generated

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

OK, let's break it down then, first off, try to download a light game (the original Fe for example, there's not really a compatibility list, the wiki for s not accurate) and get Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga Loadiine ready, the best setup possible. Zelda Minish Cap also works great

Last edited by EstPC13, May 15, 2016
    kretosdan likes this.
  16. kretosdan

kretosdan Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2016
    yes i did, it works now, thanks man :)

17. EstPC13
    OP

EstPC13 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2016
    In your mind
    No, get out! This is myyyy threeaaaad!! No but really, thanks for that

Great!

Wait.... The version you're using still uses the -z variable, the new one is much simpler

18. fiveighteen

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    Where are you seeing -z? -z was super old. -a is a bit old. This one doesn't use either.

19. EstPC13
    OP

EstPC13 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2016
    In your mind
    Oh sorry, my phone bugged out I was checking the oficial thread, weird.

fiveighteen likes this.
  20. Irastris

Irastris Just another fag with a suggestive avatar

May 3, 2015
    United States
    I suppose it doesn't matter since it turns out my setup is outdated, but I forgot that the batch won't do anything on your system if your Python 2.7 executable isn't renamed to python27.

It's setup like that on my end because I have both Python 2.7 and 3 on my system.

If you still want to use my setup for some reason, open the batch in Notepad and edit the following line:
    Code:
    python27 py/inject_gba.py -a "%%a.bin" "%%a" >nul
    Into this:
    Code:
    python py/inject_gba.py -a "%%a.bin" "%%a" >nul
    And save, then run.

But as mentioned by fiveighteen, my setup is outdated, so you'd be better off using his guide.