GTACW not working on r4?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by 808soljah, Mar 24, 2009.

Mar 24, 2009

GTACW not working on r4? by 808soljah at 8:20 AM (1,327 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. 808soljah
    OP

Newcomer 808soljah Newbie

United States
    Im not sure if it's just me as I haven't seen a thread yet with a similar problem. I can't seem to boot up GTACW on my R4. Everytime I try, I just get a black screen as if its trying to load, but nothing happens. I tried downloading the rom from different sources, but the problem persists. I even tried patching it and everything, but still no luck. Any help?

2. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Surely you are the first person with an R4 to try playing this game. Better make a thread about it.

Alternatively, there's this button in the upper-right of the page that says "search" on it. You can use this feature to "search" topics on GBAtemp. Who knows, maybe someone else has this issue too?

3. Daihatsuboy

Newcomer Daihatsuboy Advanced Member

United States
    Works fine for me. [​IMG]

4. Kamika

Member Kamika GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Sounds like the OP has an R4 clone. It works perfectly fine on the real R4.

5. gibberish

Member gibberish GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    it works fine on my original r4, but the local multiplayer games do not. the game crashes after the 3,2,1 countdown. ive tried loads of "fixed roms" and ive even tried patching my own by using an arm9.bin from another wifi enabled game but nothing seems to work. we all have official/original r4's in this house and local multiplayer games just wont work [​IMG] can anyone point in the direction of a fix for this specific cart? thanks

6. 808soljah
    OP

Newcomer 808soljah Newbie

United States
    Well, I actually do have an R4 clone; "R4SDHC" But what i've been hearing that it should work. Don't know if that's the problem though.

Oh, and Gibberish, I read somewhere that for R4s, you need to patch it with both ARM7 and ARM9.

7. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    YSMenu + clean ROM + cheat code

8. aggrohaze

Newcomer aggrohaze Newbie

Germany
  9. beeb24

Newcomer beeb24 Newbie

United Kingdom
    hey
    i have probs with the file GTA. can't get passed the intro screen, then goes black and nothing happens. i have M3 DS REAL cart and i've updated firmware, and patched using the ARM7.bin but it still doesnt work. Any ideas anyone?
    thanks