TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
diesal_11 said:
didn't anyone listen to me?
i said that the riff file is probably the radio
open it as "raw" data in audacity as a 2 channel (stereo) as a signed 16-32 (not sure what one) PCM
if you slow it down it sort of sounds like the radio i haven't been able to find the right tempo, pitch and speed
hope this helps
also what programs do you guys use to the the memory information?
I GOT IT!!! but unforunatly I forgot to write down the exact numbers for the data to be played at right temp/ptich and sound
hate2.gif
. OMG so mad. Any luck with anyone else?

diesal_11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wait so the riff file was the radio
also can everyone else please tell me what they use to extract the psb files
i really wan to try and make my own missions

abatrour

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Audicity to import the riff as a raw file 16bit stereo 44100khz and then adjusted the speed to -90.95

The tempo seems to be pretty dead on for the intro music but as for the rest, it still sounds distorted.
I'm not sure if each section of the riff file has their own independent tempo if I just did something wrong.

I'm also assuming once we figure this out, we would also have to find the file that states how far into the file each track and station are and edit those to match the replaced music.

Edit 1: After playing around with it some more, I imported it as a raw file, 16bit 22050khz stereo. I believe this is the correct way to load it because if you listen to it between 34- 41 seconds without speeding it up, it sounds normal, like street noise and then rain/street noise. And then if you slow it down -81.88 the tempo for the intro music matches. I'm thinking that this file is only for the sounds and music that they couldn't do with midi alone. I'm also thinking each part has its own tempo...

RTA

Trophies
XP
Country
Just out of interest, how would you re-compress it.

Or maybe they just need sticking together again, instead of compression. I think you know what I mean.

Gonna have a play myself with these files.

diesal_11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
abatrour said:
I imported it as a raw file, 16bit 22050khz stereo. I believe this is the correct way to load it because if you listen to it between 34- 41 seconds without speeding it up, it sounds normal, like street noise and then rain/street noise. And then if you slow it down -81.88 the tempo for the intro music matches. I'm thinking that this file is only for the sounds and music that they couldn't do with midi alone. I'm also thinking each part has its own tempo...
i think the rain/street noise is just a coincidence of the sped up noises
i was mucking around and changing the sample rate if you make it 4000 hz it sounds like the slowed down tempo

diesal_11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
abatrour said:
I imported it as a raw file, 16bit 22050khz stereo. I believe this is the correct way to load it because if you listen to it between 34- 41 seconds without speeding it up, it sounds normal, like street noise and then rain/street noise. And then if you slow it down -81.88 the tempo for the intro music matches. I'm thinking that this file is only for the sounds and music that they couldn't do with midi alone. I'm also thinking each part has its own tempo...
i think the rain/street noise is just a coincidence of the sped up noises
i was mucking around and changing the sample rate if you make it 4000 hz it sounds like the slowed down tempo
i dont know much about audio editing but i think the sample rate might be really low or were getting the wrong decompiling method

RTA

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd have progress if I knew how to recompile/compress/join the file.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU