Hacking Green Screens on Usb Loader Solved

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a way to fix anygame that gives a Green Screen and possibly fix games patched to IOS249 (Metroid Remake)

Create a HomeBrew Channel app for the game using the PC tool wbfs and install Kwiirks USB2 beta2 (IOS222dip)
)
Load the game from HBC and bam works

Tested and working with so far:

Tomb Raider Anniversary (NTSC) on PAL machine, previously gave green screen on load
Medal Of Honor Heroes 2: (NTSC) on PAL machine, previously loaded till a menu then greened out.

Kwiirks USB2.0 B2 installer (DIP Version)

http://www.yafaze.com/wii/usb2b3dip.rar (run using HBC)

PLease try all you can!!

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, do I just install this from HBC, or do I install this by making a homebrew directory to run from HBC using the WBFS tool? I didn't quite understand what you were saying :\ .

dope_X

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
create a homebrew channel app for the game?
could you tell us how to create a channel app for a game?
sorry i dun understand...
rolleyes.gif

edit:
sorry again, i just saw the thread about how to do this. ^^

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
kongsnutz said:
Here is a way to fix anygame that gives a Green Screen and possibly fix games patched to IOS249 (Metroid Remake)

Create a HomeBrew Channel app for the game using the PC tool wbfs and install Kwiirks USB2 beta2 (IOS222dip)
)
Load the game from HBC and bam works

Tested and working with so far:

Tomb Raider Anniversary (NTSC) on PAL machine, previously gave green screen on load
Medal Of Honor Heroes 2: (NTSC) on PAL machine, previously loaded till a menu then greened out.

Kwiirks USB2.0 B2 installer (DIP Version)

http://www.yafaze.com/wii/usb2b3dip.rar (run using HBC)

PLease try all you can!!

Does installing Kwiirks USB2.0 B2 installer overwrite the one from CIOS249rev9?

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Tichinde925 said:
Every attempt I make only results in a meta.xml being made. I tried using Command Line and GUI but nothing is producing a boot.dol
frown.gif

Any help here please. I'm on Windows XP.

I think you're supposed to manually copy the boot.dol and icon.png that came with wbfs into each of the HBC app directories.

BTW, the cIOS 222 installer doesn't work for me (code dump while downloading one time, error while installing the other time), is there any alternative way of loading games that currently freeze with green screens?

I've found a video patch version which would solve that problem, but there is no support for PAL 480p...

Skyzoboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
cIOS rev 9

I create app with wbfs tool (wbfs_win.exe makehbc) for the game Mario Party 8 (doesn't work with normal way).

Launched in HBC, it works well, thanks for the trick ! Waiting for an update of USB Loader which manage this
smile.gif

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Helsionium said:
Tichinde925 said:
Every attempt I make only results in a meta.xml being made. I tried using Command Line and GUI but nothing is producing a boot.dol
frown.gif

Any help here please. I'm on Windows XP.

I think you're supposed to manually copy the boot.dol and icon.png that came with wbfs into each of the HBC app directories.
At least the linux version, and mac os x port, of the tool looks in the current directory for boot.dol and icon.png and copies them to every directory generated. So you can copy them manually from the distribution package.

The binary does then, when run from HBC, check it's current directory on sd and try to load any title with id equal to the last part of the pathname if present on the HDD. The script just generates meta.xml to include game name for HBC.

So with this, you can use HBC as a USB loader with customizable sorting and images for each game.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried to get these binaries to boot with a dol forwarder or the like with no luck. This sucks since it would be soooooo awesome to create individual channels for separate games and run directly from system menu.

I'll have to look into the sources for the boot.dol to see if one could hardcode the gameid into the binary instead ...

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh it seems this only works for Region Patch...games that don't load normaly through USB Loader.

Tried metroid with cios249 patch and same screen error.

I think i know why

Usb Loader is only allowing access to 1 IOS at a time and when the games change the IOS to another it errors......... possible to fix ina new version tho i think as BUL had that fix.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
joda said:
I've tried to get these binaries to boot with a dol forwarder or the like with no luck. This sucks since it would be soooooo awesome to create individual channels for separate games and run directly from system menu.

I'll have to look into the sources for the boot.dol to see if one could hardcode the gameid into the binary instead ...

Yeah I know. I was already prepared and waiting...but I guess Ill just have to be sad
frown.gif

image101i.jpg

And they dont take that many blocks at all.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Tichinde925 said:
joda said:

Yeah I know. I was already prepared and waiting...but I guess Ill just have to be sad
frown.gif

image101i.jpg

And they dont take that many blocks at all.
Fixed it. You just find the sources for yal and replace the pathname parsing with hardcoding. I'll post the details in a sec.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since these game ids do not change, do you mind sharing the boot.dols?

I believe your method of fixing this requires an operating system I do not have lol.

P.S.

Its time for me to go to sleep. Been up trying to find a solution when you have already done so. YAY!

Now I will finally be able to launch games directly from the system menu and with the game's original banner/icon/sound.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kongsnutz said:
ahh it seems this only works for Region Patch...games that don't load normaly through USB Loader.

Tried metroid with cios249 patch and same screen error.

I think i know why

Usb Loader is only allowing access to 1 IOS at a time and when the games change the IOS to another it errors......... possible to fix ina new version tho i think as BUL had that fix.

What IOS does Metroid Prime Wiimake run off of natively? I ran into the same problem when testing this method and I'd like to see what happens if I use IOS Patcher to change it back to what it's supposed to be.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOS10 but same deal........ no go for now.

I think Waninkoko locked IOS loading from outside sources.....just a guess

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/wCF3ywukQYA?si=6tm165dpnERzPwSX +1