Gravity Rush Dump - Working one day; not working the next...

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Voxel, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Voxel
    OP

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Hello all,

I installed a Gravity Rush dump (was dumped with Vitamin 2.0) a few days ago now. Everything has been working excellent; no chapter 2 loading loop or anything... until a few seconds ago, when I tried to play the same game again for the first time since I installed it, I encountered the infamous C2-12828-1 error on bootup, and I haven't the slightest clue as to why...!

All I can say is that I even did a test reboot the day I installed the Gravity Rush dump to see whether the save wouldn't corrupt, or whether the game would still boot at all. And all of those tests passed.

Now I am concerned about the fact that the dump was running through HENkaku 5, I think, at the time of testing. And now, running HENkaku 6 and the game has unexpectedly threw me the C2-12828-1 error when booting the game...

Could this really be HENkaku's fault? I somewhat doubt it, as Yifan and the rest of Molecule work tirelessly round the clock to fix these sort of issues, so that also adds to making me point the blame elsewhere...
    I'm asking the forums because I haven't been into Vita hacking for a long time, and my mind has gone blank in some areas of the subject. ;)

Thank you to anyone who can explain to me what could have possibly happened here!

Last edited by Voxel, Sep 14, 2016
  2. bpahunt

bpahunt Member

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2012
    Has a game update downloaded?

I had a similar problem with a dump without updates. An update downloaded and then gave me the error code when I tried to launch.

3. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    i think it could be the (exploit) henkaku causing the error code.

because i always get that error code whenever i want to start up the hax, i get that error code like 2-8 times until it boots the henkaku exploit.

for now i think this is better than nothing, henkaku is awesome, we just need super clean dumps and better henkaku stability and having it stick permanent, not needing to go to browser/email to load it etc.

i am hopeful that it will get better, and who knows maybe if henkaku upgrades even further, maybe even the older dumps will function without issues.

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i'm not sure what problem this game has, but these decrypted dumps are just a weird way of doing things, i really hope people abandon them when henkaku is reversed and when we have real encrypted content loaded with signature checks patched for rif files.

i can't wait! (i can a little)

SonsofOcelot likes this.
  5. Voxel
    OP

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Ahh; I found and fixed the source of the issue!
    I remembered that I was trying out the RinCheat plugin yesterday, and I also only just remembered how some games reportedly aren't able to boot with the said plugin turned on. Turns out Gravity Rush just happens to be one of those affected games...

So this wasn't a HENkaku error after all, but more RinCheat's fault (or the steroid plugin loader?), and I'm sure that other people will have addressed this similar issue on the plugin's official Wololo thread!

SonsofOcelot likes this.