Gaming Grand Theft Auto : Chinatown Problems

DavMaestro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I Turn my Ds on and i go on Gta it goes e save thing and stuffz and i save it and the screen just stays black lyk WTF! HELP ME!

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You should look around for similar threads, this is a very common problem (and easily fixed)

There is a cheat you have to enable to bypass a protection, or you just have to update your firmware..

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AzNDmGe said:
if you want I can upload my copy to you. for DS Lite and its already patched.

Remember, no sharing links here.

On topic, Google is your friend, and the search feature in this forum. Have a Nice Day

The easiest way is enabling the Save Bypass Cheat.

MasterGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have been playing and I am near the end of the game

on the mission "Friend or Foe?" at the end you have to crack a safe, the cheats stopped it from working, i did it through bout 20 times then i turned all cheats off, instead of all but the bypass, it worked. I think, that once you have started the game that you dont need the bypass anymore, do a couple of missions then i think that u can turn it off

Ruzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hi guys, I'm having the same problem. I grabbed the 5/5/09 update of the USRCHEAT.DAT file and had a clean GTA:CW rom in my DSTT cart. when I entered the cheats, it was blank. where is this "save bypass" cheat you guys are talking about?
thanks for your time!

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Ruzz,
NO PROBLEM for my DSTT
smile.gif

you sure your game is a CLEAN one, how sure you are?
go find a new source that matches the game ID in the database

Ruzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
elixirdream said:
Ruzz,
NO PROBLEM for my DSTT
smile.gif

you sure your game is a CLEAN one, how sure you are?
go find a new source that matches the game ID in the database
i downloaded the zip file off -snip- and extracted it, is that clean?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
off snip? remember don't post rom sites!

these are the clean rom's id ! if your game id is not the same as either one! codes will not display on your DSTT (make sure it is original DSTT not fake)!

YGXP 40BF4673 GTA:CW (E)
YGXE DEE4AA12 GTA:CW (U)

i will post a guide here on game id and you can read it if you don't know how
cheat wiki V0.07 said:
Where can I get r4cce? Google is your best friend or curley’s guide got a link to yasu’s home page

Why is it in Chinese or Japanese? What the hell is the readme for?

Want a guide with Pictures? Refer to Curley’s guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=95774

b- What is Game ID and how to locate it via r4cce?

i)My explanation would be Game ID is the identity of a game! It should be unique and no two different games should share a same Game ID

ii)In order for the cheat codes to show up on your cheat menu, the Game ID of your database should be the same as your game’s Game ID! Otherwise you won’t see any codes on your cheat menu.

iii)A little addon from dsrules about game ID
"Game ID: is composed by two parts, the first 4 letters are for the game "Game code", the last 8 hexadecimal numbers for the game crc code, used for the match of the cheat and the corresponding game."

yes, M3Real also recognize the first 4 letters as the game id and the last 8 are ignored, that's why patched games with different crc code don't affect the M3Real or iTouch

iv)Common problem/mistake
For example a patched / dubbed rom’s Game ID might be different from the clean rom! If both the IDs are different it will cause cheats doesn’t show up on menu (this doesn't affect M3real or iTouch users)

v)Use the … function to locate the game ID! Where is the … ? It is in between of the Game ID and the Dup? button.

After Pressing the … button you will be presented a menu, locate your game and click OPEN. You will realized the default Game ID will change from ABCJ 12345678 to something else. This is the Game ID for Avalon Code YOGE 53AC1A52

fatso fails! you didn't use the cheat wiki
tongue.gif
muhahahaha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1