GPSP-Kai Sound Issue

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Harpuia20, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Harpuia20
    OP

Harpuia20 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    United States
    Hello. I've been using gPSP-Kai for a while, but I've noticed a very off-putting sound issue. It's not related to audio lag or anything, it's just a constant "tick" sound, as if the audio is clipping. If you're not sure what I mean, then Metroid Fusion is a good example. Put on some headphones, turn up the volume a little, stay at the title/load screen and just listen for it. It's a tick that alternates between the left and right channels, and once you hear it you'll never be able to un-hear it.

So, I switched over to gPSP-J because it doesn't have the sound issue and compatibility is better. However, it's a good deal slower for certain games. Is there a fork of Kai that ever fixed the sound quality, and is TEMPGBA4PSP any faster than gPSP-J?

2. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer Frizzle Fry

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    This is the one I use. I think it's the most up to date one. I hear that same tick in mother3.

3. Harpuia20
    OP

Harpuia20 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    United States
    I ended up finding a version of gPSP that fixed the issues. There isn't too much info out there on it, but basically this seems to keep most of the speed increases of Kai but without the awful sound quality. It doesn't have widescreen however

http://psp.brewology.com/downloads/download.php?id=9929