The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
1657176470329.png

Preorders for GPD's Win Max 2 handheld* gaming PC have opened today on Indiegogo. As with their previous devices, it is already in production, and Indiegogo is not there to crowdfund development and manufacture, it just handles preorders.

While most other Windows gaming handhelds are copying Sega Game Gear in their design, the GPD Win series are notebooks/UMPCs with an integrated gamepad.
For all those users that have been clamoring for a clamshell, GPD delivers.
The size* and hardware capabilities make it capable of doing office work on the go, but the device is primarily focused on gaming.
It comes in two "flavors", Intel i7 and AMD Ryzen 6800U.
geonxkv88cf3udzinvk9.png

The specs are, shall we say, decent.
Early units have found their way to tech reviewers, and some tests and overviews are already in. By all accounts it is a capable gaming machine.

Preorders are live now, starting with $999 for the Intel model, and $1199 for the AMD.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-win-max-2-handheld-gaming-pc-4g-lte-amd-6800u#/

*Words like "handheld" and "portable" and "pocketable" and "on the go" are debatable when the screen is friggin' 10 inches diagonal but here we are.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
what i see here it is an overpriced tech gadget at same price you can get a decent gaming laptop and stream your content on a phone with controllers etc

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It basically is a gaming laptop in a smaller factor wasn't that long ago people were all about netbooks, these gadgets generally fall under the 300 to 1k msrp anyway. They aren't really about the I can already do all this for cheaper argument but the fact they can for something smaller and a all in one factor.

UnderJinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hope you can turn keybord off or you might accidentally press some buttons
when using the thumb grips

probably they thought about that

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
what i see here it is an overpriced tech gadget at same price you can get a decent gaming laptop and stream your content on a phone with controllers etc
Miniature components always come at a premium, and if you're not in the market for a small device the price difference will look like pointless additional cost (i.e. being overpriced). But there are always people who value the tiny form factor. A gaming laptop still takes up more space than a 10'' UMPC, isn't -as- portable, isn't as practical to play on the go, and so on, that makes no difference to some but it important to others. It's a niche device (that also contributes to the end cost), it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but there's a market for it.

Wickedchew

Masks Works..Wear it!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can they just designed like the switch or vita? with the regular joypad..then if keyboard is needed a added usb keyboard can just plug in? or its really hard to imagine gaming on a portable keyboard?

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't even find out about this till after I started searching for a mini laptop similar to the razer stealth 13in or the asus rog flow z13 also 13in.
edit: the razer stealth requires the use of razers silly drivers synnapse and other crap. and according to many reviews, the asus flow z13 battery life is abysmal.

Portability I think is the name of the game when you like to do work tasks, and also have gaming options.
Also based off of the many reviews on YT, this should be good for emulation up to ps3. Preferably with the amd cpu chip for the power options...

Yeah, the gpd win 4 is doing its indiegogo right meow, but I would assume the choice(s) are working on this mini laptop, for nefarious/legit activities, with a good keyboard. Or a person could focus on just pulling out the gpd win 4 as a more legit version of the psp/psp vita.

I'm still kind of torn between the two, but I do need more productivity so I might end up just buying the 2tb/32gb win max 2. We shall see... 🤔

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head