OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok.
So I copy GOW 2 with my HDLoader (probably 0.8b, elf). However the game doesn't work. I checked on internet and now I know that I should use WinHiip.
Any way to make that ripped game working from hdd? I mean, I don't have original copy anymore, so if I can patch it on HDD or something.
Or should I just get that game again.

When I press version in PS2 Menu it shows me Browser, CD Player, Playstation and DVD driver. Any way to update/upgrade it?

Once I heard about DVDELF.BIN file. Does it make your ps2 working faster? How to install it?

D

Deleted User

Yeah you need to rip it to .iso format using imgburn then transfer it to the drive using Winhip. You'll need Hdloader version 0.8c to run it. It's been modified.

Have you transferred a game using Winhip before?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Since it's a dual layer game you'll need to rip the disc with DVDDecrypter or IMGBurn and then ensure that you have enough unfragmented space on the HDD for the entire second layer install (i.e around 4 and a bit Gb but for safety i always ensure a full 8Gb is free myself). Then either using WinHiip or HDL_Dump you can transfer the image onto the HDD.

HDL 0.8c is required to play the game too as this is patched to allow it to run. HOWEVER - HDL 0.8b will supposedly rip and install the game fine too, so check if you've lucked out first by just using HDL0.8c to run it...if that doesn't work you're going to need the game disc again i'm afraid.

Edit...sorry forgot about your second question. No it doesn't make your PS2 run faster. DVDELF.BIN just allows you to minimise memory card space usage if you decide to inject it during FMCB installation and makes the FMCB region specific.

Gagarin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank You xist. I'll try 0.8 c if it's run. If not I'll get the game again and rip it standard way - imgburn - iso - winHiip. Do I have to set up anything special in WinHiip?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
As i mentioned, since it's a dual layer game you need at the very least 4Gb of unfragmented space on the HDD you're installing too (WinHiip will give you this info). Other than that it's a simple rip, transfer then play with 0.8c. If it still doesn't work try the scan and repair option in winhiip. If it still doesn't work try ripping the image again and reinstalling. If it still (!) doesn't work then either you're not using HDL 0.8c or you need to format your HDD and try again!

Although i'm sure it'll work fine the first time....
tongue.gif

Gagarin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bingo.
I put HDL 08c and it worked just fine
smile.gif

Thank You.
However Prince of Persia Two Thrones cut scenes are really slow. I'm not sure if there's any way to fix it.

I have Code Breaker 9.3 patched into HdLoader.
Any one have CB 10 patched with no codes in it?
I mean, blank, no codes so You can add up only codes that you need (to save the space).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-