Hacking got owned Wii and it problems

deim2page

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi, i'm new user, and i would like to ask question according to my Wii.
I had this pre-owned Wii with System 4.2U,
1) there's NeoGamma r26 iOS249 (rev.4), and each time I want to play game from DVD-R, it said,
"DVD err(1178), Disc ID"
and
"Your cIOS has revision 4
To achieve best compability
use revision 17"

how do I change and upgrade it to revision 17??

2) there also USB Loader GX (but I didn't which version it is), and I got 8Gb FlashDisk with wbfs games in it. the game list wouldn't appear on USB Loader, but it has game list and it's game wbfs files, when I put the FlashDisk to laptop. what wrong? and how do I change it so there game list from the FlashDisk on USB Loader GX?

3) do I need to update System menu to the latest?

4) I had several Wii game of DVD-R, some of it needed to update System Menu, such as Monster Hunter TRI, Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles, and etc., so I stop and change into other DVD-R game, like the Sims 2 Castaway which can be played perfectly. while other games require to update System menu, and some of it need spesific iOS installed.
how do I installed iOS safety? and what iOS version and revision I do need to install into the console??

5) I try this app, 'd2x...', and when it comes into block map, I stop, since I'm not sure what to do. is it the right brew to install iOS/cIOS?? is it safe (mean will not make my Wii brick)?

sorry for lot's of question,
and thank's a lot for helping

Last edited by deim2page,

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi, i'm new user, and i would like to ask question according to my Wii.
I had this pre-owned Wii with System 4.2U,
1) there's NeoGamma r26 iOS249 (rev.4), and each time I want to play game from DVD-R, it said,
"DVD err(1178), Disc ID"
and
"Your cIOS has revision 4
To achieve best compability
use revision 17"

how do I change and upgrade it to revision 17??

2) there also USB Loader GX (but I didn't which version it is), and I got 8Gb FlashDisk with wbfs games in it. the game list wouldn't appear on USB Loader, but it has game list and it's game wbfs files, when I put the FlashDisk to laptop. what wrong? and how do I change it so there game list from the FlashDisk on USB Loader GX?

3) do I need to update System menu to the latest?

4) I had several Wii game of DVD-R, some of it needed to update System Menu, such as Monster Hunter TRI, Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles, and etc., so I stop and change into other DVD-R game, like the Sims 2 Castaway which can be played perfectly. while other games require to update System menu, and some of it need spesific iOS installed.
how do I installed iOS safety? and what iOS version and revision I do need to install into the console??

5) I try this app, 'd2x...', and when it comes into block map, I stop, since I'm not sure what to do. is it the right brew to install iOS/cIOS?? is it safe (mean will not make my Wii brick)?

sorry for lot's of question,
and thank's a lot for helping
just update, and start modding from scratch should do the trick.
might have done a mod for 3.x fw and updated the console by accident so it got messed up not working.
see: link

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/L7XokiY