Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah finally got my WiiKey
bow.gif
, I don't want to get a internal burner, so whats the best external one (Future proof FTW!). Also, whats the best media?

Friction Baby

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
From what I understand any burner will due as far as downloading and burning the games but you need specific LG burners to copy comercial games. I use memorex +DVDR's and burn at slow speeds and I have had no problems
smile.gif
Good luck.

Lain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, to burn the iso any burner will do indeed. Now, if you plan on copying Wii games you'll need either a gecko SD adapter which is quite expensive (and more troublesome) to the alternative in my opinion.. which is buying one of the 4 LG DVD-ROM that actualy can read and make images of Wii games..

I got a LG GD-8164B which is one of the models that can read and make images of Wii games. The other 3 are 8161, 8162 and 8163 if I'm not wrong.

I use Memorex DVD-R and they work like a charm.

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I burned out two cheapo internal burners last week. They refuse to recognize any disc is inside them. The same thing happened about a year ago. Don't go with cheap ones like Lite-On or IOMagic. I picked up a Pioneer external DVR-112, and so far it's worked out ok. Burned a couple Wii games at 12x and they play. I'm hoping it'll last a little longer.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
weirdly my lite on had probs (it may have been the media cos it burns 360 games fine).

My NEC 3540a burns wii games great.

gotrice864

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go on ebay and buy a cheap external. I got a extremely good deal, 54 bucks shipped for a new in box sony external burner. All my backups work perfectly using the 4x burn

gastro54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I burned out two cheapo internal burners last week. They refuse to recognize any disc is inside them. The same thing happened about a year ago. Don't go with cheap ones like Lite-On or IOMagic. I picked up a Pioneer external DVR-112, and so far it's worked out ok. Burned a couple Wii games at 12x and they play. I'm hoping it'll last a little longer.
You're wrong - Lite-On makes some of the best drives on the market.
For much better info than you will ever get here on burners go to www.cdfreaks.com

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I burned out two cheapo internal burners last week. They refuse to recognize any disc is inside them. The same thing happened about a year ago. Don't go with cheap ones like Lite-On or IOMagic. I picked up a Pioneer external DVR-112, and so far it's worked out ok. Burned a couple Wii games at 12x and they play. I'm hoping it'll last a little longer.

You're wrong - Lite-On makes some of the best drives on the market.
For much better info than you will ever get here on burners go to www.cdfreaks.com

To each their own. If it works, thats great. I have a pioneer, philips, and a samsung dvd burner; they are all equally good.

qusai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pioneer 112D ftw. Though i got an enclosure for it but it does the job. and buying an internal burner with an enclosure is much cheaper than most external burners.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

qusai

Trophies
XP
Country