Gaming Got my Bluetooth headset

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It pretty much just says I need drivers but how the hell do I find drivers for a bluetooth headset? I tried searching online, I got nothing. It's a Jabra headset. . . I'm running Windows 7.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This could take a bit of explaining-

bluetooth in and of itself is a simple protocol that provides various functions. The driver might interface between the PC and the bluetooth chip but the driver is mainly there to provide a stack (a set of functions/abilities that the bluetooth specs* say are necessary to call yourself bluetooth).
Windows (and indeed most other modern consumer grade modern operating systems) provide such abilities which usually works with things but there are alternatives for when it falls short.
Windows also provides basic support for various things (file transfer and the like) but programs can implement their own features on top of this (usually custom data transfer), audio is simple enough so windows + whatever your sound card uses should be enough.

Long story short- if windows sees your bluetooth socket/chip/dongle chances are for something as basic as this all you have to do is get your headset paired with windows and it will take care of the rest (or at least say here is a new microphone and audio output which you can then sort out in the usual way you might select a microphone and audio out).

*naturally newer versions of this spec crop up from time to time which means various abilities get grouped into "profiles"- this might mean you hunt for a newer driver to support newer stacks but headsets are old/simple/basic and available from the get go really.

For the record bluetooth is second only to off brand wifi cards in my list of most hated computer related components when it comes to the amount of aggro it causes me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8