Hacking Got my acekard...

bluebowser31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it sounds stupid, but the only thing i know to do on my acekard right now is run a rom
tongue.gif

So what should i get? (I have checed the best 30 homrebrew thingy, and both emulators on ds pages, but there 3 are all almost a year old)
Right now im just getting moonshell, lameboy, and that ipod thingy.
anything else i might need? (and are there any new gb/gbc/nes/snes emulators?)

thanks in advance

Oh yeah! is there like a site that you could link me to, that has save data and cheat data on it? (im asuming you can link me to that, because thats not ilegal i think)
oh and how can i tell if im running the official, or the akio? (i think i downloaded both...)

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're running AKAIO, on your memory stick there should be a _aio folder. You cannot run both on the same memory card.

That thread still holds true. Lameboy is still the best gameboy emulator. Theres an emulator thread about all this and it still holds true today. Moonshell should be all you will need for media.

Cheats you can download straight from akaio, just use the wifi plugin (and the temp database not the official, the official is old).

As for saves, I personally don't use others, so I don't know.

bluebowser31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for all the info (im using akio, i hope its better)

Oh and whats a good website, like wiibrew.com, for ds? (right now im on ds-xtra.com)
(and anyone know a good save website? (because i deleted my mario save /fail, and incase someone deletes something else))

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
bluebowser31 said:

Oh and whats a good website, like wiibrew.com, for ds? (right now im on ds-xtra.com)
(and anyone know a good save website? (because i deleted my mario save /fail, and incase someone deletes something else))
If your worried about people deleting your save files off your microsd:
1. Dont let thoes idiots touch your stuff.
2. keep a backup of all the .sav files on your pc or somewhere else, theyre tiny files.

As far as getting them? I think gamefaqs hosts completed sav files, just might have to run them thru a save converter to work on your card (or just rename the extension)

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bluebowser31 said:

FileTrip.net is a good place for homebrew and game save downloads. As for gb/gbc emulation, Lameboy was pretty well built should be able to play a majority of the ROMs. SNEmulDS and NesDS can emulates SNES & NES ROMs as well.

bluebowser31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help, my computer wont let me download moonshell o.o because it cant connect to remote server.
the version i did managa to get, says theres a porblem with arm9? any help on that?
also, when i play nesds, it just loads nesds, shows the words nesds in top right, but doesnt let me choose file (i have a think named NES in root or sd...)

thanks in advance

ah, and doom just shows a black screen once i chose a game type o.o

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
bluebowser31 said:
Please help, my computer wont let me download moonshell o.o because it cant connect to remote server.
the version i did managa to get, says theres a porblem with arm9? any help on that?
also, when i play nesds, it just loads nesds, shows the words nesds in top right, but doesnt let me choose file (i have a think named NES in root or sd...)

thanks in advance

ah, and doom just shows a black screen once i chose a game type o.o
download it from filtrip, this is the full package
In the file is a little icon with MS2 written on it. Just run that, and it will install moonshell on your microsd.
Also, use the alternative loader, it's the only one that's working for me. The other ones give me that same problem that you have, you can just delete them if they don't work.

bluebowser31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh man i wanted to close this thing now, but i still need to know why my nesds isnt working? it shows i guess the screen where u choose a rom is, but theres no choices, and i cant do anything
(and wheres the file i run in the moonshell folder? im asuming u mean run it on the comp first, but i cant find it o.o)
and what alternate loader are you talking about?

bluebowser31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please help me with moonshell: when i run the moonshl2, it lets me choose english, then it says i need to recopy something, and reformat the card
frown.gif

when i use the alt loader, it says same message in chinese/japanese, and when i run the directboot file, it says there is a loss of dsata in the arm 9 code o.o

and i STILL cant get my nesds to work, it shows a black screen that says nesds it the top right, like im suposed to click a rom, but theres nothing....

WAIT could i be i need to dildl it or something? (cus idk how to do that) but i tried 4 links for the moonshell, and the nesds, but none work /fail

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what the issue with moonshell is but try dling this moonshell: http://home.att.ne.jp/blue/moonlight/20100...ll210stable.exe (FULLY delete the moonshell you have now). and then run the exe and than there is another exe to install it to the sd. Run that choose the right language and choose the right DRIVE!

Next up with the emulator: There should be a config file that you put in root of your sd (the root being the place you first see when you open the drive on your computer) if its nesds than its probably nesemul.cfg or something (if its anything like the SNES one) than there should be a path in that file, make that point to where your roms are OR if thats too hard, than make a folder called NES on the root of the sd and put your roms there.

Now, I don't use the NES emulator but if its anything like the SNES emulator you'll have to do that.

bluebowser31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woot! i got everything working! (reformated card, then reinstalled) yeah moonshell powns, im making it my main firmware!

does anyone know if there is a lameboy plugin for moonshell, so you can run gb/gbc games right from it, like the nesds and snesmul plugin?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey