got d2prog to run now d2pro9 doenst work

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by EMKO, Aug 24, 2008.

1. EMKO
    OP

EMKO Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2006
    Canada
    i installed windows xp on a another computer and managed to get the d2prog to work i typed yes to install firmware and it said erasing something [.] then said flashing [] and then error 10 after that my d2pro9 when i plug it in no longer lights up red when using the d2prog. i tryed it on my wii and now it doesnt read any backups [​IMG] this is making me soo mad [​IMG] i just want it to work. Anyone know how to fix this?

2. NeSchn

NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Troy,New York PimpStatus: King
    Do you need a d2prog to update the firmware?

3. EMKO
    OP

EMKO Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2006
    Canada
    yes.

anyone know if the fw gets erased and doesn't put a new one will the d2pro9 still light up red? because mine right now doesn't just trying to figure out if my chip is broken now.

4. NeSchn

NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Troy,New York PimpStatus: King
    Well than whats the Utility Disc for? I thought you can update through the DVD.

How hard is it to put a D2Prog in?

5. EMKO
    OP

EMKO Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2006
    Canada
    from what i understand utility disc updates a small thing and the d2prog updates the main chip. So if a small problem happens it could be fixed with the disc.

its hard to use the d2prog doesn't work on many computers

6. gratefulbuddy

gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    on the wheel
    I think "many" is an exaggeration. Out of the 4 PCs I can use only 1 has problems with the d2prog. How many PCs have been incompatible for you?

7. EMKO
    OP

EMKO Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2006
    Canada
    3 didn't work 1 worked