George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
If you are looking for a good PAYG sim card to put in a android phone then you should go with giffgaff. £10 a month gets you 150mins, unlimited text and unlimited internet. It truly is unlimited too, with no AUP/FUP/"unlimited but we limit you to 5gb a month".

The network is owned by Telefonica-o2 and runs on the o2 backbone/masts.

Get a current member to send you a SIM card and it comes preloaded with £5 which will be available to you once you activate the SIM by crediting it with £10. Best thing I did for my android phone was to use them - I was sick of Oranges 500mb a month internet.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
The Google one I mentioned previously, which I think might have been included. I found that the speech synthesis sounded unusual compared to most standard Sat Nav voices, though that might vary by phone.Well I would most probably fall back on that one if I was desperate, but it doesn't store maps on the phone.

The HTC 'free' one will most probably be useful once I'm 'near' my destination - as I think it will still show your position/route/directions - it just doesn't talk back to you

QUOTE(Chrono_Tata @ Nov 2 2010, 02:45 PM) .....Anyway I'd wait for the Desire HD to come out first and find out how well the GPS hardware works before investing in the premium navigation service

If you mostly just walk, or don't drive to unfamiliar streets that much, maybe just stick with the standard Google Navigation.
As mentioned above - I can still use the HTC one for directions (& it stores the maps so no Data charges) it's just that it won't tell me where to go - I will need to keep looking @ it to check where I am & what's coming up (I think)

As for PAYG/PAYT GPRS/Internet rates - my rate 20p/MB (but is 8p/min talk,4p/txt), so not that great a deal as the Vodafone data one - although once my current credit goes down I MAY go for the TalkMobile '£5/mth 100 Min/ 100Txt/ 100Mb Sim-only contract...
It really depends on what network they use as I can only get good reception in work on the Vodafone/ASDA network.

O2: 'patchy' best of times
Orange: you can very rarely get a signal
T-mobile: I don't think anyone I know in work on T-Mobile has EVER got a signal in plant

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [takes a toke of my bong] :huh: