Gaming Google to release web browser

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm enjoying this browser so far! It's very slick and loads websites and media up pretty quickly, faster than firefox and safari.

I like its capabilities for something in beta, the tabbed browsing, searching through the address bar, and incognito mode, which is exactly the same as safari private browsing (or pr0n mode).

I'm using this on an EEE machine, and have definitely noticed how efficiently it manages its processes, especially if you create your webites in 'app mode'.

The only thing I find thats poor right now is the flash/plugin support, which isn't integrate so well at the moment. It slows down and in some cases comes close to crashing/freezing trying to run youtube video's and do another action at the same time, also noticed flash web games are slow and stuttery compared to IE, firefox or safari
frown.gif
Aside from this, its lovely. Will definitely be keeping a close eye on this. I have high hopes seeing as it already shares some of the same open source code as both Firefox and Safari, and will remain open source
smile.gif

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've read the comic and tried it and can't see anything special. Think I'll be sticking with Firefox 3...

Anyone else not get the pipes when you put about:internets into the address bar? I also can't get about:% to work
frown.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I can only think of two reasons to use this over Firefox.
Gmail and Youtube. Both work exceptionally well with Chrome, which is understandable since they're both owned by Google.

I looked at the speed tests and it seems like Firefox is still the clear winner. (btw, where the hell did they get Firefox 3.1b from?)

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this browser is buggy as hell. faster than ff3 but that's cuz i use plug-ins which slow it down. definitely sticking with ff3.

fenthwick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd wait before I got it if I were you. It's in beta and on the release date there has been lots of security issues. Not to mention the auto download(if it's not fixed by now).

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fenthwick said:
I'd wait before I got it if I were you. It's in beta and on the release date there has been lots of security issues. Not to mention the auto download(if it's not fixed by now).

If everyone had the same "morals" Chrome would be exactly the same in a year that it is right now. Beta is made for people to help find bugs and issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F