Google to release web browser

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Trippy, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm using it right now. It's pretty nice IMO.

EDIT: I just realized how fast it loads pages. Faster than Firefox from what I've seen during my use of it.

2. Commander

Commander GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2007
    And so the monopoly grows.

I am sticking to FF3 it does what I need.

3. jpxdude

jpxdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2006
    London UK
    I'm enjoying this browser so far! It's very slick and loads websites and media up pretty quickly, faster than firefox and safari.

I like its capabilities for something in beta, the tabbed browsing, searching through the address bar, and incognito mode, which is exactly the same as safari private browsing (or pr0n mode).

I'm using this on an EEE machine, and have definitely noticed how efficiently it manages its processes, especially if you create your webites in 'app mode'.

The only thing I find thats poor right now is the flash/plugin support, which isn't integrate so well at the moment. It slows down and in some cases comes close to crashing/freezing trying to run youtube video's and do another action at the same time, also noticed flash web games are slow and stuttery compared to IE, firefox or safari [​IMG] Aside from this, its lovely. Will definitely be keeping a close eye on this. I have high hopes seeing as it already shares some of the same open source code as both Firefox and Safari, and will remain open source [​IMG]

4. Javacat

Javacat GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    I've read the comic and tried it and can't see anything special. Think I'll be sticking with Firefox 3...

Anyone else not get the pipes when you put about:internets into the address bar? I also can't get about:% to work [​IMG]

5. JPdensetsu

JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Feb 2, 2008
    Taiwan
    Taipei
    It was in the dutch journal today Ö

6. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
  7. arctic_flame

arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

Nov 4, 2006
    England land
    @Prime: sspipes.scr

8. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    wut?

9. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
  10. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    Well I can only think of two reasons to use this over Firefox.
    Gmail and Youtube. Both work exceptionally well with Chrome, which is understandable since they're both owned by Google.

I looked at the speed tests and it seems like Firefox is still the clear winner. (btw, where the hell did they get Firefox 3.1b from?)

11. arctic_flame

arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

Nov 4, 2006
    England land
  12. ackers

ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    this browser is buggy as hell. faster than ff3 but that's cuz i use plug-ins which slow it down. definitely sticking with ff3.

13. FaRReR

FaRReR GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2008
    the Internet
    I tested it for a night... I liked the interface, and I didn't find any bugs.
    The only thing that annoyed me about it was that it doesn't support Flash yet.

14. Sephi

Sephi fool

Jan 21, 2008
    United States
    Rhode Island
    It supports some flash

15. fenthwick

fenthwick GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2007
    I'd wait before I got it if I were you. It's in beta and on the release date there has been lots of security issues. Not to mention the auto download(if it's not fixed by now).

16. Banger

Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

Oct 31, 2007
    United States
    If everyone had the same "morals" Chrome would be exactly the same in a year that it is right now. Beta is made for people to help find bugs and issues.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted