Google Glass Already Rooted

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously hope this thing fails, it's already annoying enough trying to have a conversation with someone now with their face buried in a smartphone,
nevermind the serious privacy issues that arise from getting a bunch of retards to strap a camera to their head
especially one that is constantly connected to the internet that constantly sees and hears everything you and others around you do, doing facially recognition scanning for you on everyone around you and geotagging all your locations from moment to moment.

whats next, google ass, a sphincter cam that photos every dick going in and every turd coming out of your ass :evil:

jj4vew.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if darpa and in-Q-tel and gilman louie are handing out funding as we speak

http://stopthecyborgs.org/google-glass-ban-signs/

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
nevermind the serious privacy issues that arise from getting a bunch of retards to strap a camera to their head
especially one that is constantly connected to the internet that constantly sees and hears everything you and others around you do, doing facially recognition scanning for you on everyone around you and geotagging all your locations from moment to moment.
Smartphones could already technically do that.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smartphones could already technically do that.
that is true but they are in your pocket most of the time and not constantly being pointed in the direction you are currently looking, with this it will be on your head and seeing what you are doing all day long; most people don't go around with their smartphone out and having it recording or streaming video constantly to the internet.

Plus if someone is taking video with a smartphone it is usually noticeable, with this you don't know what it is doing the default position you use it, IE wearing it means you have to assume you are being recorded and located every minute of every day when you are in public if these things go as viral as smartphones in say 5 years.

Don't think for 1 second that the people who are behind these technologies like social networking and google glass are not fully aware of the social implications, because they are, they have other agendas besides giving us a cool new toy and making some money off of it, this is government funded social engineering.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Suddenly your avatar makes more sense totalnoob617. For what it is worth government funded social engineering has existed for centuries.

As for phones I have had bags with shoulder straps capable of doing nice covert pictures here for years and if I wanted to take more active measures a trip to the spy shop and the cost of a meal for two at a decent restaurant does the rest. "all day long".... do you know how much bandwidth and storage that would take? Given you can barely get a signal in most places I would not worry too much.

Reactions: Rydian

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
that is true but they are in your pocket most of the time and not constantly being pointed in the direction you are currently looking, with this it will be on your head and seeing what you are doing all day long; most people don't go around with their smartphone out and having it recording or streaming video constantly to the internet.

Plus if someone is taking video with a smartphone it is usually noticeable, with this you don't know what it is doing the default position you use it, IE wearing it means you have to assume you are being recorded and located every minute of every day when you are in public if these things go as viral as smartphones in say 5 years.

Don't think for 1 second that the people who are behind these technologies like social networking and google glass are not fully aware of the social implications, because they are, they have other agendas besides giving us a cool new toy and making some money off of it, this is government funded social engineering.
Are you... serious?

I mean, fair enough, you can be worried about privacy (that's why Google put an LED on the device to show when the camera's working) but it's a bit of a jump to go from that to "They're watching us, man! They have eyes everywhere!". If there was a constant stream going from the phone to Google's servers I think people would begin to notice A) Their phone's battery draining very fast and B) A giant amount of data going down their tether app.

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Could someone please clue me in on Google glass and why others find it so desirable a device. Personally I dislike the idea of documenting every second of my day, indeed I find that only marginally less eyebrow raising than those that then turn around and put it all up on Facebook Google plus for the world and its dog to see.

wuts the big deal with google glass? i don't wanna document every second or day of my life and put in on facebook so the whole world can see.

narcissists..wututuwwuwutuwut. :wub:

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please clue me in on Google glass and why others find it so desirable a device. Personally I dislike the idea of documenting every second of my day, indeed I find that only marginally less eyebrow raising than those that then turn around and put it all up on Facebook Google plus for the world and its dog to see.

wuts the big deal with google glass? i don't wanna document every second or day of my life and put in on facebook so the whole world can see.

narcissists..wututuwwuwutuwut. :wub:
That's not what it's about. The person who was talking like that is paranoid. It's just a hands-free smartphone of sorts.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you ask me, the main uses of this device will be watching movies during dull presentations at work and taking cleavage pictures or videos of hot chicks.

There will probably be a short period where the thing will pop up all sorts of commercials based on GPS locations ("Did you know you can get a 2nd cup of coffee at half price on the starbucks here on your right?"), but that only lasts until the thing gets popular enough for someone to code an addblock application for it.

Also: there WILL be some car crashes because people drive with the thing but get distracted because the navigation app is still in beta (or something).

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a matter of time someone hacked one of these. I always liked the idea behind Google Glass, but not necessarily the intentions its users may have since it is open source and especially now that it has been hacked. If somebody is taking pics or recording you with no authorization inconspicuously, then that will cause problems when it’s is released to the public. #foodforthought

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded