Google Chrome vs Firefox

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
there will always be people who think their opinion only matters and no one else's, if the guy used my pc for just one day and saw how bad firefox lags on my pc he would uninstall the dam thing straight away, the lag is terrible why would i make this stuff up, if you don't believe me google it and you will see that i am not the only one with this problem (1gb of ram useage).
If your PC suck, guess you're stuck.

Poetry by Urz.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chromium is quite heavy - it may look like chrome but i found it quite completely diff = to me that is.

i.e when playing some youtube video through chromium my Eee suffered a lot - no issues with chrome

= then again thw whole chrome- FF is more of an ISP issue with me

they recommend using Firefox so firefox it is for me.

MeritsAlone

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I prefer Chrome over firefox, i dont know why but i see chrome faster than firefox, say no if you wish this is my opinion
biggrin.gif

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 Chrome. It's faster and has Flash support built in. I wouldn't uninstall Firefox, but I rarely ever open it these days. Firefox is better for rendering RSS in the browser and the firebug extension in Firefox is awesome, but for most everyday browsing the speed of chrome wins.

Javier78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
chromium is quite heavy - it may look like chrome but i found it quite completely diff = to me that is.

Ah yes. My mistake. When it comes to HTML5, Chromium does not support AAC, MP3, or H.264, but Google Chrome does. Chromium also doesn't have an integrated flash player. Other than that, they are mostly the same.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Bunie said:
purplesludge said:
I ran the test and my chrome got 20fps while my firefox got 14-16fps.
Did you use the nightly of Firefox? No, you did not. I said in an earlier post, old versions, Chrome was better, but now Firefox blows chrome out of the water. Try the newer Firefox.

"firefox is a resource hog it eats 1gb of ram on my computer"

Yes, Firefox is a bit of a RAM Hog. But performance wise, it pwnz chrome. I mean there's no room for argument O.o i don't understand lol. When firefox gets 41fps and chrome got 3, How can you argue O.o i even supplied all the links so you guys can ACTUALLY test before you go "BLAH BLAH BLAH WE WORSHIP THE ONE TRUE CHROME!"
Uh dude, if we prefer Chrome, don't whine. It's called personal preference.
mad.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrome. One because past experiences with Firefox has turned me away. Two because it's shiny.
I may have to give Fire Fox another chance though.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meh. Everyone is all "Ooooh, chrome is fater" "FF eats RAM" and crap. LOL, seriously?

Personally, I think firefox is better. And I say this as a very, very patient guy. Speed isn't everything in browsing, coz sooner or later it'll all peak and then get upgraded anyway, coz that's how technology progresses. Speed now or speed later shouldn't be worth more than the functionality you get out of your browser. Oh, and also, patience is a virtue, it wouldn't hurt you to wait a few seconds.

Why I like FF better:
1. It does what I want it to do. When it fails, it's usually something on my end.
2. I dislike the whole "less is more" mentality. Seriously, there are a lot of things your browser should be doing as there is a lot of things out on the net, and i think chrome kind of oversimplifies itself.
3. Chrome doesn't seem to be very noob friendly. The home button itself is actually hidden unless you set it in the preferences.

PS

I don't get people saying it takes FF 12 seconds to boot up. It never does that to me, even after I've just started up my slightly low- to mid-level PC.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Shinigami357 said:
Meh. Everyone is all "Ooooh, chrome is fater" "FF eats RAM" and crap. LOL, seriously?
PS

I don't get people saying it takes FF 12 seconds to boot up. It never does that to me, even after I've just started up my slightly low- to mid-level PC.
I think it's do to with Firefox itself, I've heard a re install fixes the load time but I never got around to trying(Mine can range from 5 secs to 30 secs, my comp is pretty fast, another reason it could just be FF itself) because I started with Chrome and changed my mind from FF.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
A lot of people are arguing about speed tests where the differences in real-world scenarios would be imperceptible to humans, or bottlenecked by some other aspect (such as downstream rate).
They even compare split-second differences which is so not obvious in everyday use of web browsers...

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Firefox, and with GBAtemp as my homepage, it loads really fast, I have problems with Google Chrome, mainly because alot of the websites I go to, it always has some kind of error, and I have to try again, where as Firefox either lets me try again and it actually works, or it goes straight to the site for me. I'm also quite used to FireFox, so I'm fine with it for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@