Goodbye gbatemp!

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by RichardLaughter_, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichardLaughter_
    OP

RichardLaughter_ GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2012
    Well, my thread got deleted for "advertising" because I chose to show off my own videos for the discussion topic instead of using one of the big boy videos like hmk or etika, so I won't be using gbatemp anymore. If showing off videos Is advertismet, you guys better get to work on everyone posting stuff for the big boys too. That's bias and bias.

2. Scott-105

Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Aug 23, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    To be fair, how is showing off one of your videos not advertising?

3. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    While I completely agree with you, a thread May make you look. . . Bad. To others and they may not be sympathetic

4. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, GBATemp really isn't very nice. To anyone.

Ruby Gloom likes this.
  5. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    It's against the rules to advertise your own youtube channel on here. That's probably why the thread got deleted.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  6. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    For self promotion? Oh my. Well shit...All I can say is...

[​IMG]

Last edited by stanleyopar2000, Jan 17, 2016
    Tomato Hentai and Voxel like this.
  7. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    unless you're posting a video tutorial, i think it's not allowed to post any other vids.

8. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Another exception is when you are just showcasing any work/projects you have done. I've done that a couple of times, and they've not been removed.

9. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    So he have to get someone doing the videos so he wouldn't advertize himself, for the same result? That totally makes sense to me.

I'm very lucky. I made some videos showing my crap, and posted them myself in a thread, I was not warned for advertizing

Just my 2 cent

Subtle Demise likes this.
  10. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    or when you link a video pertaining to the topic. But if a thread is just made for "im strugling utubar give me ad$ense monies / subs" that's blatant self promotion

Subtle Demise and Voxel like this.
  11. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Please be sure to hand in any likes or medals you have received in your time here and try not to take any shampoos or towels home with you. Thank you for staying at GBAtemp, we'll see you in the bowels of some other gaming forum that isn't as cool as this one.

12. RichardLaughter_
    OP

Sep 11, 2012
    You see, what I did was use my videos as examples to prove my point and the topic of the tread, which was that twilight princess was better on pc than the remake on wiiu. That's not advertising that's proof. I also had screen shots for those who didn't want to watch. The fact there was an alternative proves it wasn't advertisment.

I'm not going to argue though. I'm sure the mod had his personal reasons, but let me say back when I was mod for Nexon of America, and I wouldn't have bothered if I were in the same situation. There were bigger problems with constant dick pictures, excessive trolling and vulgar language, to even worry about a guy posting videos.

DarkFlare69 and VinsCool like this.
  13. Attacker3

Attacker3 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    Canada
    Underground, in my mother's basement.
    Just make an alt account and post it there, saying how good this (your) channel is.

kekekekekekekekek

14. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    i know that the thread has been moved to EoF for some reason, but this is 100% true about what this thread was about.

I guess that next time, better use videos showcasing hd textures made by another youtuber would fix this "advertizing" bullshit issue.

Once again, i simply state my opinion about this. I took your side because there wasn't anything illegal here. You made these videos for this thread purpose, not for gaining fame.

But considering that this is staff decision, i do believe that next time, posting screenshot instead would fix this "advertizing" problem :unsure:

Last edited by VinsCool, Jan 17, 2016 - Reason: Typos
    Subtle Demise likes this.
  15. GhostLatte

GhostLatte Yet Another Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    The University of Shitpostology
  16. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    :mellow:

17. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Irish ex captain

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    Making threads to specifically promote a youtube channel or personal website have always been against the rules. Just because you stayed on a specific topic that you chose to create a thread on does not make it any less of a promotion for your channel. Anyone could easily pluck a discussion topic out of the air and construct a thread around it just as you did, guess what that is still advertising. The first post in your thread was just one line and an embedded video and you proceeded to link at least three or four further videos of yours throughout that thread, again clearly you were fishing for views. If you maybe actually posted something of substance in the opening post and didn't continually link to your videos maybe I would have given you the benefit of the doubt but in my opinion your intentions were obvious. So yeah bye.

18. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat vegtebales

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    Wow! You can pull a DarkFlare too!? :blink: Bye bye! :lol:

19. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai snart

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    Nothing of value was lost today.

CIAwesome526 and DarkFlare69 like this.
  20. RichardLaughter_
    OP

Sep 11, 2012
    By that definition then, site mods arent allowed to share youtubers videos showcasing the latest leaks and hacks since it is promoting said youtuber. If not the case, then I guess they can break the rule if it's in their favor. Bias, hypo
    Ill give you the first post was lacking, but I dont give a shit how many veiws I get on my videos and I will also say the veiws I get here are miniscule compared to the views I get from my reddit posts in r/emulation. I use my videos like screenshots. Ever hear the expression pictures are worth a thousand words? Or pics or didnt happen? Im the kind of guy that puts my money where my mouth is. I could spend all day telling you "yeah textures I did make Nintendos official remake look like shit" but you'll either not care, tell me my opinion is stupid, or ask for proof. I like to skip this step and just give the proof, and with yalls policy on large screenshots, the better way to show you the proof would be through video instead of a dozen 4k screnshots, am I wrong?

I will also give you, the thread could have been removed for derailment since towards the end it became more about pc talk than tphd. If that were that were the case I would be more forgiving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.