Good QEMU frontends???

Hambrew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get it; VirtualBox and VMWare is so so SOOOOO much simpler and easier. But how else can I run macOS 10.3-10.5 and be a firsthand witness of that classic intro video? Sure, I get the Leopard intro in Snow Leopard, but that is a PAIN and a half to setup because you need the Hackintosh files, in which EVERY SINGLE ONE of those download links are dead in the grave due to file hosting closures and even worse, my family uses AMD EXCLUSIVELY. Those VBOX guides? Redundant to my issue, as you practically NEED an Intel processor for it to come out working. No configurating of bus ratios and stuff could change that.

So, I settled on QEMU. However, I need to set up a bunch of crap and save them as a .bat before I can install the OS. Thank god E-Maculation helped me get macOS 9 working. OS X, though? Nope. Trust me when I say I've never seen QEMU boot up to my .iso of Leopard. And neither has VirtualBox with Snow Leopard. So, I got QtEMU. But that only does x86. Not PPC. That just makes it a clunkier VirtualBox that barely even supports ANY OS. So, that idea was trashed. Limbo? That's only for Android. And AFAIK it only supports ARM and/or x86.

HELP ME FIND A GOOD QEMU FRONTEND!:wacko:

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
osx can be installed on any intel pc ya know look up hackintosh though i won't supply any dmg's for obvious reasons also if you go this route Nvidia gpu support stops at high sierra so if you want mojave and newer you need a radeon with metal support to get full graphics acceleration as for mac OS7-9.2 sheepshaver has both windows and mac (Maybe linux as welll?) there is also a precompiled drive of 9.2 floating on the net but sheepshaver requires the bootroms of older macs (google is your friend on that one ;)

let me give you my specs on a hackintosh using an OEM dell
Intel i3-6100 (3.7GHZ)
mac OS 10.13.6 (high sierra)
1 tb hdd, 16GB ram Nvidia geforce GT 730 (2gb)
I plan to upgrade i hope to an rx 460 an older radeon but it'll have metal so I can go upto mojave and have full acceleration

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
osx can be installed on any intel pc ya know look up hackintosh though i won't supply any dmg's for obvious reasons also if you go this route Nvidia gpu support stops at high sierra so if you want mojave and newer you need a radeon with metal support to get full graphics acceleration as for mac OS7-9.2 sheepshaver has both windows and mac (Maybe linux as welll?) there is also a precompiled drive of 9.2 floating on the net but sheepshaver requires the bootroms of older macs (google is your friend on that one ;)

let me give you my specs on a hackintosh using an OEM dell
Intel i3-6100 (3.7GHZ)
mac OS 10.13.6 (high sierra)
1 tb hdd, 16GB ram Nvidia geforce GT 730 (2gb)
I plan to upgrade i hope to an rx 460 an older radeon but it'll have metal so I can go upto mojave and have full acceleration
Boy, that's a son of a bitch. One of the reasons I bought a Mac is because I got tired of fucking around with OSx86. Of course Apple makes the move to AMD. Doesn't matter now since I have a MBP, but I could have probably saved a couple thousand if Apple had made mention of this years ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1