Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
keasy said:
Stellar input.
I was agreeing with you.
Albeit in a nig-tone.

QUOTE(Skitty22 @ Feb 22 2011, 09:54 PM) The 3DS may not have spot pass enabled [...] i expect nintendo will have a reason for spot pass delay but i personally expect they will be ok with it because they wont expect 3DS roms anytime soon , they probably are not so bothered about ds games so much now , but 3DS games hell yes they are expensive to create for the devs 660 millon 1.8 billion Us dollars.
What are you ballsing on about?
SpotPass is a system feature. Where does your face get this idea of Nintendo not enabling it for whatever reason your face made up?!

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
pachura said:
DiscostewSM said:
The 3DS getting hacked is inevitable. However, that won't necessarily mean that you'll be able to play pirated 3DS games at that moment. It may only mean that homebrew can be done on it, and that is what I'm actually hoping for. Homebrew, but no pirating (though that is inevitable also).

Do you know any console that was hacked and allowing homebrew but not playing pirated games ?

PSP comes to mind, so does PS3, as does the original Xbox, and the Xbox 360.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
pachura said:
DiscostewSM said:
The 3DS getting hacked is inevitable. However, that won't necessarily mean that you'll be able to play pirated 3DS games at that moment. It may only mean that homebrew can be done on it, and that is what I'm actually hoping for. Homebrew, but no pirating (though that is inevitable also).

Do you know any console that was hacked and allowing homebrew but not playing pirated games ?

Do you have ANY clue what he asked? Those consoles you just listed ALLOWED pirated games to be played...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mchief298 said:
TwinRetro said:
pachura said:
DiscostewSM said:

Do you have ANY clue what he asked? Those consoles you just listed ALLOWED pirated games to be played...
I think he was saying/his point there are cfw that only allow homebrew or the fact people do not have to pirate just because something hack.

I think...
unsure.gif

Kayouu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spot Pass ie. - Spot Pass is another wireless feature Nintendo will be incorporating onto the 3DS. Basically, when you put your 3DS in sleep mode, not only will it communicate with other 3DS units for Street Pass transfers but also with nearby Wi-Fi hotspots. Once the unit has found an access point, it will automatically download data such as data, notifications, free software and more. There is also an ability to set your presets in regards to this function. Nintendo is working on ways to increase the amount of access points for the 3DS. DS kiosks will be converted into full Nintendo Zone services which will enable both DS and 3DS users to utilize the Wi-Fi features. The Big N are also teaming up with communications giants NTT East and NTT West to distribute hotspots throughout Japan with a projected 2,000 stations in train stations, airports and restaurants by March 2011. They will probably do something similar over in the West as well.
----
i think if this auto downloading in sleep mode was reverse engineered or even with the new street pass send out files like threw the old nini sender from store model NDS systems it auto dls the file loads on street pass menu I wonder only time will tell...

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Mchief298 said:

Especially Xbox360's DVD drive hack: it allowed playing DVD copies of retail games but did not allow running unsigned code...

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Mchief298 said:
TwinRetro said:
pachura said:
DiscostewSM said:

I do, but it seems that you don't.

It was said that the 3DS at first would only have homebrew, not piracy. Then it was asked if there was any console that allowed homebew and not piracy. All of the consoles I mentioned were capable at one point of nothing but homerbrew. Yes, even the 360 with the King Kong hack.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
qlum said:
why did anyone think the 3ds would even get automatic updates without consent its against the law in a lot of countries and none else has it because of that
They took a translation of something Iwata said in an investors meeting the wrong way.
He said that his company was looking at the possibility of having automatic updates.
He never said forced, or that it was happening. People just ran with it thinking the worst.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh